Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just picked my new to me 200 last night. I’ve been wanted one for the better part of a decade now and the stars finally aligned and I was able to make it happen. It’s a 2016 with 70k miles in Blue Onyx Pearl.

9378B081-2E72-461E-A8A3-E0FA756383F3.jpeg

Thanks for letting me join the forum.
Recently sold my 14 GX460 luxury mostly because the black color was impossible to keep looking nice. Had a high optioned LS460 and got spoiled by that car... so I picked up this 18 LX. This one checks all of the boxes for me!
I do love that color!

Hi All,
Here goes my first post! I am based in Los Angeles and have been lurking ih8mud for years 🤓. A few days ago I bought a 2013 with 85K miles and I am planning to build it for multi day off-road and camping trips. I am an experienced off-roader but a first time Land Cruiser owner and I have so many questions! My current profile pic (soon to be changed to my LC) shows my 2005 Xterra which I have been wheeling for the past 7 years. I plan to build the cruiser to be as capable off-road if not more but also with better reliability, load capacity and comfort and I am super excited for it! I am really impressed with how comfortable and quiet this thing rides and feel that I can do longer trips with more ease now. I am sure that I'm going to loose some of that when building it up, but I plan to keep as much comfort as I can. Every choice comes with it's own compromises but it's all about finding the balance that works for you.

Here are some of the things I plan to do to it and I would love to hear your comments and suggestions.
1- Base-lining it (Any suggestions as to what things to check and refresh?)
2- Rear drawer system and dual battery system, thinking 100Ah LifePo4, DC-DC charger, solar panel on the roof.
3- Rear swing out bumper. Currently looking at Victory 4x4 with double swing outs
4- Not decided on whether to do front bumper yet but Dissent and Rhino4x4 are the ones I like so far
5- Minimum 34in tires, new wheels and 2-3 lift. Need to increase ground clearance as much as possible without making too many compromises, this one needs way more research
6- Roof rack, I am liking the Prinsu
7- Figuring out how to mount my radio and comms in this rather nice interior without drilling too many holes!
8-More stuff!

Peace!
K

Hi All,

I've owned my LC200 from new (four years ago now) and have been steadily modifying/enhancing it since.
Based in Brisbane, Australia, I've used it mainly to tow our camper trailer on holiday camping/road trips.

I factory ordered a 4.6 litre petrol V8 option, which is incredibly rare in Australia (99.9% are 4.5 V8 Twin Turbo Diesel) Fantastic engine - so smooth.

Car mods include: Bull bar, Spotlights, UHF CB, TowPro Electric Brake controller, 2" suspension lift, Koni Raid 90 shocks, MM4x4 Transmission lockup kit, and a Scangauge to monitor everything!

I just wish it had been available as a manual... Then, with this engine, it would be perfect!

Hi all,

I just sold my ‘99 LX470 a week ago and I had a bit a “sellers remorse “. So I had relationship rebound and bought a well maintained 2016 LX570 the following day. My wife knew how bummed out I was because we created so much memories with it camping, fishing, hiking, and light off-roading with the whole family. I still have get use to all the electronics and she stated to wait until it’s paid off! 😂
A few pics of my old and of my new girl.

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4301.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

IMG_4441.jpeg

Congrats! I bet you appreciate the additional power. I love the look of your LX470 (LC 100), the LX570 is just not the same.

After wanting a LC for 30+ years, in 2021 I managed to snag a 2019 with 21k miles and 1 owner, no accidents. I live it! Blizzard Pearl . My favorite color and easy to look clean in snow country. So happy with it that I sold my 2019 Tundra Crew Max Limited last month and got a 2019 LX 570 with 29k miles . Unfortunately, its Ontx Black but otherwise clean. I could collect LCs forevee!

Hi all:

Just joined up after knowing about you all for a while - previously a participant on LCOOL Aus for my 200 TTD and prior to that the 100TD Saharas, but sadly that forum seems to have died.

Started 4wding in 1970 with a 1963 3-speed Cruiser, pretty antiquated by today's standards but it and subsequent vehicles got us into some magic country here in Victoria (Aus) and elsewhere. Spent a number of years then with Landrovers (after we snapped an axle on the Cruiser on a steep climb and it went over the edge, recovered luckily with no injuries), followed by early Rangies and a D2. I "belatedly" realised that for remote outback travel, the Cruiser was almost mandatory for reliability especially with the tech loaded into current JLR vehicles, so made the move into Toyotas nearly 20 years ago.

Places regularly seen include the Vic High Country, deserts (Simpson and Canning Stock Route for example) Cape York and the Centre.

The current Cruiser is a 2013 with the 4.5 TD; mods include suspension, internal fitout (drawers, water tank, radio etc), ECU and exhaust, bbar and more. Looking forward to exploring this Forum.

IMG_4589_1.JPG

*slides over*

Been a 100 owner since 2004. 200s always seemed like unobtanium with new and used prices seeming to rise every year. Got a chance to make a great deal on one and I jumped. 2016 with 76K, pretty mint condition. I'll probably go with the BBS TRD wheels and I'm weighing my roof rack options.

...I already miss my rear vents and crotch A/C. But the rest is pretty nice.

20230629_082106.jpg

*slides over*

Been a 100 owner since 2004. 200s always seemed like unobtanium with new and used prices seeming to rise every year. Got a chance to make a great deal on one and I jumped. 2016 with 76K, pretty mint condition. I'll probably go with the BBS TRD wheels and I'm weighing my roof rack options.

View attachment 3361068
Congrats!! See you around town.

Just picked my new to me 200 last night. I’ve been wanted one for the better part of a decade now and the stars finally aligned and I was able to make it happen. It’s a 2016 with 70k miles in Blue Onyx Pearl.

View attachment 3245356
Great color! Congrats on the LC!

Well, I've been a member of IH8Mud since 2006, after I got Elsie, my 1999 LC100. But I guess I should formally introduce the newest member of our family, who just arrived yesterday. Here is our new-to-us 2008 Amazon Green/Sand Beige LC200. Haven't named her yet. Thinking about Midori, or maybe GrünHilde?

PXL_20230708_235532961.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I've been a member of IH8Mud since 2006, after I got Elsie, my 1999 LC100. But I guess I should formally introduce the newest member of our family, who just arrived yesterday. Here is our new-to-us 2008 Amazon Green/Sand Beige LC200. Haven't named her yet. Thinking about Midori, or maybe GrünHilde?

View attachment 3369560

Best color the 200 has ever been produced in by far.

*slides over*

View attachment 3361068
The crotch AC... that is choice. I had forgotten about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom