Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s 2012 20’ Bushtracker Off-road van. It has a roof mounted auto satellite TV dish, onboard UV water sterilisation, 4 solar panels, 4 batteries, 4 x 90 litre water tanks amongst other features. Do you get to use your Kimberley well off the beaten track?
Mine is a SA built Conqueror UEV490. However, if anything ever happened to it I would swiftly jump on a Kimberley.

We are on a trip in Colorado now and have done some ‘off the beaten track’ towing and it’s done great. It sure beats sleeping in a tent.

Hi everyone. Been building my 200 for 8 years now, finally pretty much finished.

16610511229396044836219248968478.jpg

16610511490371206142493036379520.jpg

16610511848217213635505151237170.jpg

Good Afternoon 2Hundy Owners,

I am new to the forum, found my way here by searching for images of the Tekboxx Solution installed in 200's. Based in South Africa, we are frequent overlanders into neighbouring Southern and East Africa and we have just completed a three week trip through Zimbabwe and Zambia. We own a 2016 LC 200 GX which is perhaps a model that you may not be familiar with except for the Ozzies perhaps. I'll share complete details of the build and next steps during a later post.

IMG_0084.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg

Hi everyone, new member here. But not new to the obsession. Pictures of my current rigs below. Also owned a 2016 LC200.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and insight of this community and am happy to be part of it.

Cheers,
EW6

tempImageNXIJub.png

tempImageSUHzPh.png

tempImage0KVklk.png

Hey Everyone. New to the club. Attached is a 2013 570 with 138K miles I just picked up. Wanted to say hello and what needs to be corrected on this vehicle before I can start the fun mods. Any advice or links of previous discussions would be appreciated.
  1. Alignment seems to be out - Steer wheel is not centered. Pulls to right. Anything to watch out for with these vehicles or full time 4 wheel drive?
  2. I think the ACH might need the fluid changed. It's pretty "float" and not planted, but I also can't tell if this is pretty normal as I don't have a baseline.
  3. Water pump was replaced at 120k by previous owner. Radiator is still original so I'm watching that.
  4. Oil pan gasket seams like it needs to be replaced.
  5. Finally, the headlights are yellow-ish and the bulbs are definitely the origial and need to be replaced. I want to go with the Philips Extreme Pro 150 but they seem like they are hard to find now? Maybe I'll just go with OEM then since it's half the price.

LX 570.jpg

Hi 200-Crew,

I'm brand new to the Forum and to Land Cruiser ownership. I have a long history with Toyota off-roading and am elated to finally be in my dream vehicle.

I hope to contribute in the "daily driver, occasional adventurer" functional upgrade space. My days of fabricating motorcycles are over and I don't anticipate a true LC build, either. My love and priority is family and I want to learn how others here are optimizing their Cruisers for both safety and fun with babies and toddlers, on-road and off :)

And my Cruiser's name is Tank (per my son).

Thanks!
TTMk4

Hello, just joined the Forum. A friend told me about this place a few months ago, where I've been gaining valuable information, as I just returned from the dealership with a newly installed leveling kit (front spacers), and new BFG Trail Terrain TAs, plus the required front end alignment.

Attached is the picture of my LC sitting at the dealership before being delivered to me. I'm in NW Colorado, and found it at a Dealership in New Jersey with 25K miles and CPO.

79046.jpg

When will the madness end? Friday I will be picking up another Heritage in Dark Magnetic Gray with 36K miles, and that one I plan on doing a quite a bit of upgrades to. Let's just say the gears are turning.

Greetings from Southern California! After admiring these vehicles from afar for many years, finally get to join the LC family with the acquisition of this pre-face lift 200 series in Amazon green. Super excited about it and look forward to sharing the LC journey with you all. I am a photographer and outdoors lover. Looking forward to many expeditions with this great vehicle.

52557487790_2022435314_o.jpg

Greetings from Southern California! After admiring these vehicles from afar for many years, finally get to join the LC family with the acquisition of this pre-face lift 200 series in Amazon green. Super excited about it and look forward to sharing the LC journey with you all. I am a photographer and outdoors lover. Looking forward to many expeditions with this great vehicle.

View attachment 3191940
You’ll fit right in here. Killer color!

Thanks! 285/65/18. ARB drawers are next (primarily for clean, organized storage) and chewing on a front bumper. But I prefer the lower key look, so, who knows. The extent of off-pavement driving is FS roads to get to trail heads.

View attachment 2396790
Love those TRD Pro wheels. Does it come silver from the factory?

Hello!

New member hoping to get into a 200 series as my next car. Been driving my 1999 Lexus GS400 since 09/2006 and its going strong with 313k miles. Have always been loving Land Cruisers since my father walked away from a used 1987 LC after failed negotiations with the salesman at the local dealership sometime in the early 1990s. Thank you all for sharing so much great information and proud to be a part of the community! Now on to posting a WTB ad...

Greetings from the Lowcountry SC!
New member here and after years and years of longing for a LC, finally picked up a 2020. I've had Sequoia's and 4Runners in the past but never made the leap to an LC until now... Onward and Upward! I picked it up very gently used but with a Icon lift and 20 inch Asanti Off Road wheels.

The last pic I just thoguht was fun comparing the new 'beaut with daughter's mini.
IMG_7124.jpeg
IMG_7123.jpeg
IMG_7125.jpeg

Not sure what projects I'll go after first, but thinking some rock lights, remote start, maybe carplay.....

And here goes.....

Greetings from the Lowcountry SC!
New member here and after years and years of longing for a LC, finally picked up a 2020. I've had Sequoia's and 4Runners in the past but never made the leap to an LC until now... Onward and Upward! I picked it up very gently used but with a Icon lift and 20 inch Asanti Off Road wheels.

The last pic I just thoguht was fun comparing the new 'beaut with daughter's mini.
View attachment 3222059View attachment 3222060View attachment 3222061

Not sure what projects I'll go after first, but thinking some rock lights, remote start, maybe carplay.....

And here goes.....
Welcome.

CarPlay is one of those things that you don’t realize how much you like it until it’s not there and it’s a mod that you will use many times a day. 10/10 you should consider this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom