Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone 👋 New to the scene but have been lurking here and other forums for all the wonderful resources. Recently picked up an 2016 LX570. Plans are to keep it mostly stock and just get more overall experience with it and upgrade from there...although I did just swap out the wheels for some Rock Warriors( Thanks @agdad 🙏)
20230826_124138.jpg

20230828_171205.jpg

Hello All:

I'm one of your new moderators here in the 200 section of IH8MUD.com which is, ostensibly, the world largest and most important internet-based repository of LC knowledge and community.

I am a devoted Cruiser Head and own a number of running and non-running Cruisers.

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

I am quite serious about this as I want to make this sub section just as important as the other subsections here on MUD that are at the tops of internet web searching hits and rankings. I want people to come to MUD to discuss, research, and share their information and love of the 200 series variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

With that all being said, I hope that this location will suit many of the needs of 200 series owners and potential owners in the future; I hope this location will provide valuable information through experience and knowledge; I hope this location will be a place to share and discuss and commune.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me via PM or email. I'll be happy to address any concerns members might have with interaction that goes on in the 200 section.

With Best Regards,
-onur
View attachment 589899
Hey Mark, is there a classified section to list my LC200. I’m based in LA and trying my best to navigate the forum. Thanks in advance.

Hello, happy to finally be a part of the club. Yesterday I purchased a 2008 with 194k miles. First LC for me but have always wanted one. Even with the age and mileage it's one of the best driving vehicles Ive ever owned. My only dilemma at the moment is about tires, they're near the end of their life but don't know if I want to stay with the stock rim or hold out for rock warriors, they look sharp. Looking forward to many adventures with the kids, camping and using the LC for what it was designed and built for.

PXL_20231208_211541468 (1).jpg

Hello, happy to finally be a part of the club. Yesterday I purchased a 2008 with 194k miles. First LC for me but have always wanted one. Even with the age and mileage it's one of the best driving vehicles Ive ever owned. My only dilemma at the moment is about tires, they're near the end of their life but don't know if I want to stay with the stock rim or hold out for rock warriors, they look sharp. Looking forward to many adventures with the kids, camping and using the LC for what it was designed and built for.

View attachment 3503158
welcome my twin

i just turned 271k . love it . i run general grabber atx and love them

Hi everyone. New to this forum. I've been reading for years but finally decided to introduce myself. I have two LC200s: a heavily modded 2020 and a lightly modded 2019. Both were purchased from Ed Martin Toyota. I don't do much overlanding with two young kids, but I wanted solid, reliable vehicles for the family. I'm in the mindset that it's better to have and not need than to need...

Here's the video of my 2020.

Hi everyone. New to this forum. I've been reading for years but finally decided to introduce myself. I have two LC200s: a heavily modded 2020 and a lightly modded 2019. Both were purchased from Ed Martin Toyota. I don't do much overlanding with two young kids, but I wanted solid, reliable vehicles for the family. I'm in the mindset that it's better to have and not need than to need...

Here's the video of my 2020.

Here are pics of the 2020. I've added a Gobi rack and black TRD wheels.

IMG_3303 (1).jpg

IMG_3301 (2).jpg

View attachment 3503158
Tires are easy, getting TRD RW's less so.

My 2 cents, put good quality tires on the OEM rims and then baseline everything else. Ensure the new to you 200 goes to 400k and beyond.

HTH!

Hello LC lovers ;)

I’d like to introduce myself - a long time off-road enthusiast, biker, I’ve owned few off-road cars lots of others, but never a Toyota (and I mean any Toyota).

Couple of years ago I started looking for an LC or an equivalent. V8 Landies are extremely rare here in Europe (due to Euro emission norms), most of them were imported from the US/Canada. Their prices skyrocketed in February 2022, as demand for any 4x4s from Ukrainian defenders swept the market clean.

But as they say, all comes to the one who waits and I got a 2016 4.6 V8 petrol, EU version:
- perfect service history
- low mileage
- no rust
- 7 seats and heaps of space
- 2 sets of alloy wheels
- JBL Synthesis 14 speaker audio
- NO CAR PLAY :-(

I did 4000 kms in 7 working days and can’t say a bed word about the car.

Overlanding planned for 2024 ;)
IMG_8146.jpeg

I've been reading these forums for a few months while looking for a GX 470 for my kid(still looking). Well, after an unfortunate accident involving my truck and my no driving girlfriend, I finally joined the LC club. I picked up a 2011 with 132k miles in pretty good shape, except for the s***ty radio/navigation unit. I'm slowly gonna build it into a vehicle I won't be scared to take to Alaska in a couple years.
IMG_3413.jpeg

I've been reading these forums for a few months while looking for a GX 470 for my kid(still looking). Well, after an unfortunate accident involving my truck and my no driving girlfriend, I finally joined the LC club. I picked up a 2011 with 132k miles in pretty good shape, except for the s***ty radio/navigation unit. I'm slowly gonna build it into a vehicle I won't be scared to take to Alaska in a couple years. View attachment 3537742
congrats and welcome

LC > GX :)

Just joined after benefiting from the experience and information shared on this forum for the last 9 years. I owned a 2016 LC from its third mile and sadly rolled it (totaled) last Nov. Found a near identical 2018 and have begun slowly building it back to the 2016 I lost. So far so good.

IMG_9004.jpg

Greetings! Just bought my dream used 2013 LX570 with 137K miles. I am not very savvy with the interwebs so I don't have pics yet. I am ready to start (slowly) upgrading. Not sure where to start but I am here to learn. I am all ears with any advice given. Thank you

Greetings! Just bought my dream used 2013 LX570 with 137K miles. I am not very savvy with the interwebs so I don't have pics yet. I am ready to start (slowly) upgrading. Not sure where to start but I am here to learn. I am all ears with any advice given. Thank you
First thing first, what is your primary use for this vehicle? If it’s getting groceries it’s probably fine stock, maybe add CarPlay.

Is it camping, trails, towing?? This could go a million different directions as far as places to start go.

If you are not familiar with the maintenance history of this vehicle staring a good baseline maintenance and a detailed inspection of wear components in the suspension is probably the first thing I would do.

Just picked up a 2018 LX570 with 88K and coming over from a 1999 Tacoma. Although I've been a dedicated Taco owner since 1999 the LX experience is pretty amazing! So looking for info on making a few smart mods. Im based out of SW Arizona and looking to outfit for camping, wheels, tires, body armor type of stuff. Id like to not mess with the geometry of the suspension and driveline.

Wanting to bring over my AluCab rooftop tent and realized a headliner drop and maneuvering around airbags may be a necessary process. Any good tips on hardware, racks, etc to do the job right?

I'm currently thinking 18" wheels with 285/60 AT tires. Would like a little more sidewall for a bit of deflation on some of the rougher stuff. Also like the bronze heritage LC wheels but man are they spendy.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Just picked up a 2018 LX570 with 88K and coming over from a 1999 Tacoma. Although I've been a dedicated Taco owner since 1999 the LX experience is pretty amazing! So looking for info on making a few smart mods. Im based out of SW Arizona and looking to outfit for camping, wheels, tires, body armor type of stuff. Id like to not mess with the geometry of the suspension and driveline.

Wanting to bring over my AluCab rooftop tent and realized a headliner drop and maneuvering around airbags may be a necessary process. Any good tips on hardware, racks, etc to do the job right?

I'm currently thinking 18" wheels with 285/60 AT tires. Would like a little more sidewall for a bit of deflation on some of the rougher stuff. Also like the bronze heritage LC wheels but man are they spendy.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Stock Lexus LX.jpg
Tacoma Pic.jpg

First thing first, what is your primary use for this vehicle? If it’s getting groceries it’s probably fine stock, maybe add CarPlay.

Is it camping, trails, towing?? This could go a million different directions as far as places to start go.

If you are not familiar with the maintenance history of this vehicle staring a good baseline maintenance and a detailed inspection of wear components in the suspension is probably the first thing I would do.
Thank you!

Dealer serviced life of vehicle. No accidents. 2 owners. I had comprehensive mechanical check. Replaced fluid in AHC. Tinting front passenger windows with ceramic tint, rest of vehicle has dealer/manufacturer privacy glass, replaced wheels and tires with method r18 and 275/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT4W tires, no rubbing. Currently looking for reasonably priced seat covers. This is my slow build retirement overlander. No rock crawling. Light off-roading and camping is the life for me. I will have to do this on a budget. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom