Webasto Thermo Top C (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice. I don't think that was available when I bought mine. I'll have to look into it.

That 530 am walk out side is pretty revolting some days. :lol:
I bet. I had one for my 06 golf way back in the day. When it worked it was awesome but took me awhile to realize it was tripping the breaker cause regular extension cord couldn't pull enough amps. Glad this one runs on diesel.

So the Bluetooth controller would assume the role of a remote control? You need to be in close proximity to the unit to access the function?

So the Bluetooth controller would assume the role of a remote control? You need to be in close proximity to the unit to access the function?
I'd assume it works like car starters on cellphones. Probably has enough range from your bedroom to the driveway but I'd have to research to know.

Just did a browse of the reviews on the android version of the webasto app. Not particularly favorable...😬

Sounds like a lot of folks still walking out to vehicles in their PJs because it wouldn't connect to the device.

Hopefully they've fixed some issues by now...

Just did a browse of the reviews on the android version of the webasto app. Not particularly favorable...😬

Sounds like a lot of folks still walking out to vehicles in their PJs because it wouldn't connect to the device.

Hopefully they've fixed some issues by now...
Great. Gotta love tech. I'll report back in a couple months when i start the install.

So imagine a scenario, where you turn it on with your remote fob from inside your house, then jump in the truck and get 10km down the road and discover there's no remote in the truck...switch on the dash is already off

Because I KNOW I'll forget the damn key fob at least once. :lol:

I need to dig around for my install manual again to see the schematic for the toggle switch on the webasto.

Maybe they have a provision for this, seeing as the timer can turn it on , and I don't think the timer replaces the switch?

( maybe it does, I haven't looked in a couple years)
2 - one in house, one in truck. Could probably install manual override switch since already have one in the dash.
Worse case you waste 200ml diesel / hr while your truck sits in the parking lot at work staying warm

2 - one in house, one in truck. Could probably install manual override switch since already have one in the dash.
Worse case you waste 200ml diesel / hr while your truck sits in the parking lot at work staying warm
Yeah there's ways around it. An off switch for the relay would probably do it. I'm not sure if it draws power when not used, but not leaving it on all the time seems like a good plan.

I just know something ridiculous is going to happen at some point 🤣.

I'll dig it out soon and see how it works.

I think regardless I'll put a little led status light up high where it can be seen from 50' away so I know if it worked right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom