Weathertech digifit front liners for 80 series are here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now all I need is a TEQ or WeatherTEQ badge to replace the ones that came with it. New project for Brad

As far as the tan ones I think it is just the lighting is why some appear darker than others but really is probably closer to tan in real life look at Page 7 that luke111 posted.

Are you missing your garage door opener? :)

1408945133637.jpg

Are you missing your garage door opener? :)
It always lands in the same spot

As far as the tan ones I think it is just the lighting is why some appear darker than others but really is probably closer to tan in real life look at Page 7 that luke111 posted.

True on light and source of device you're taking the picture with but the tan are perfect if you have Tan/Brown/Ivory interior ....whatever you want to call it

This might help.. First two without flash ..with an iPhone 5
Next two with flash same devise
Tossed in the boot which has a dark brown upper and tan sole
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408978471.188982.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408978487.305039.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408978498.371371.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408978510.604724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD Forum

I'm not going to lie, but I am a little disappointed with the coverage near the plastic kick panel. My 3rd Gen 4Runner DigiTech mats went OVER the kick panel trim piece. Any water that would accumulate on the mat in the winter (think melted snow while snow wheeling...) would automatically exit the vehicle if you opened the door while you were on a slight sidehill. This look like they almost will drain water right into the seam between the kick panel and the carpets. Hopefully its just the photos....

EDIT: Notice the extra width of the mat on the outside edge of the front mats (these are from a 3rd Gen 4Runner):

http://i47.tinypic.com/2504bac.jpg

I'm not going to lie, but I am a little disappointed with the coverage near the plastic kick panel. My 3rd Gen 4Runner DigiTech mats went OVER the kick panel trim piece. Any water that would accumulate on the mat in the winter (think melted snow while snow wheeling...) would automatically exit the vehicle if you opened the door while you were on a slight sidehill. This look like they almost will drain water right into the seam between the kick panel and the carpets. Hopefully its just the photos....

EDIT: Notice the extra width of the mat on the outside edge of the front mats (these are from a 3rd Gen 4Runner):

http://i47.tinypic.com/2504bac.jpg

I see your point. Some added material here could be a great benefit, but in a couple of the pics on pg 8, they appear to overrun the door sill

Just make it out of Kydek and just stick it to the underside of the mat if you want. This isn't really a Southwest issue :flipoff2:

Hoping for, and emailing about, the darker brown color for my brown '93 interior. If not, I'll stick with black.

I doubt they'll make them darker .... I think we're lucky they decided to make them..
They are darker then you think
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409006384.871108.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409006401.487479.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1409006417.552796.jpg

Last edited:
I emailed the company to findout about not using the factory anchor and if they had any plans for a second row mat. This evening I received the below email. There is some confusion obviously somewhere.

MacNeil Automotive
To Me
Aug 25 at 8:48 PM
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive Products.

The part number you have listed below for the 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser: 455331 is for the front set of Digital Fit Floor Liners. These Floor Liners WILL have a hole for existing retention hooks that are on your carpet floor. Unfortunately we are only going to be offering our Black, Tan, and Grey colors for this vehicle.

We also do not have any plans for a rear set of Floor Liners to be available for this vehicle.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Michael P.
WeatherTech

Torn between these and the husky since I have the middle row husky already and like it a lot plus the husky's are a bit cheaper too but I think these would hold up better in the front than the husky's would.

I'm kind of surprised at how well these fit around the sides. My WT cargo area mat was about 1"-2" short side to side. The edges just sort of flopped around.

Torn between these and the husky since I have the middle row husky already and like it a lot plus the husky's are a bit cheaper too but I think these would hold up better in the front than the husky's would.

I think the Weathertech mats are a lot nicer than the Husky mats. I'm glad I saw the Husky mats in person first. I would not have been happy with them.

I wouldn't put too much into Weathertech saying there are no plans for second row mats. It was only less than a year ago they said there were no plans for front mats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom