Water storage on your 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The previous owner installed a water-bladder type storage in the rear behind the passenger side rear panel. I find it super handy and love it. Just guessing, but I would say it holds 6 gallons, but really have never measured it. Never had a problem with water quality, sloshing, etc. YMMV.

You saying you only watched it once? :meh:
I was confused, for three seconds, then when things started jiggling it all clicked and I couldn't stop laughing

I posted this in our local group forum.

Military jerry can with a rechargeable faucet. Press the button and the water runs continuously.
www.amazon.com/dp/B07TRP3N5X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

View attachment 3110236

I also had plans to build a rechargeable battery powered jerry can with an internal pump, expandable hose, and shower head. Cost was $100 for the parts not including the jerry can.
Regardless of what I put together for onboard storage, I'm sold on this idea, and I'm definitely getting one! If nothing else, it'd be great for when you're setup camping and have a 20L jerry on the table for water.

It really can get simpler. I have an older Rubbermaid 3 gallon water container that I put by my kitchen area while camping. Simpler, rectangular (not round), and very impact resistance. JMHO. I just refill it from my other containers when it gets low.

1662935937054.png

It really can get simpler. I have an older Rubbermaid 3 gallon water container that I put by my kitchen area while camping. Simpler, rectangular (not round), and very impact resistance. JMHO. I just refill it from my other containers when it gets low.

View attachment 3112184
IMO, i just install the pump when i get to camp and press a button anytime i want water. Yes, this is actually easier than using a spout and it's 5 gallons. Besides the water jerry can is a universal size that mounts perfectly beside my fuel jerry can in my 4x4 Labs bumper.

View attachment 3112184

So upending a five gallon can every time you need a cup full of water is simpler than the pump?

I've had a set up similar to @CALIFORNIAGOLD for ever. It's simple and effective, but I've had the hose shift and leak a full five gallons in the back of the cruiser while off-road

So upending a five gallon can every time you need a cup full of water is simpler than the pump?

I've had a set up similar to @CALIFORNIAGOLD for ever. It's simple and effective, but I've had the hose shift and leak a full five gallons in the back of the cruiser while off-road

I totally agree that pushing a button in easier. My point was that just using a spout was simpler. An electric pump vs. gravity. Pretty sure that gravity isn't going to fail.

I do like the pump solution though.

I took one of the above mentioned electric pumps, modified it so the hose came out the back and installed a magnet under it. I can mount it on my can rack or sit it on my table.

1662989155781.png

I totally agree that pushing a button in easier. My point was that just using a spout was simpler. An electric pump vs. gravity. Pretty sure that gravity isn't going to fail.

I do like the pump solution though.
I agree, I use a gravity fed spout on my jerry can, very efficient, no fuss, no batteries, just gravity, works great for washing hands, dishes, face, whatever...

was (might still be) a mob here (somewhere near Sydney) making stainless steel water tanks in two sizes that go behind the second row seats. Not cheap but made to be 'food grade' potable water storages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom