Water storage on your 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front Runner $$$$$

Who makes this behind the front seats water tank?
You could maybe try searching. There’s like a googly thingie you can do, I’m told.

Totally forgot I made a thread on this. I fitted this water bladder to my 80 a few months back, but not with an electric pump yet. I surrounded it with bamboo wadding to protect it against damage and give it some thermal insulation:
20230904_132846.jpg

Next step is to plumb it up with some hose and an electric pump, which is waiting in boxes in the garage. I'll get to it soonish.

Totally forgot I made a thread on this. I fitted this water bladder to my 80 a few months back, but not with an electric pump yet. I surrounded it with bamboo wadding to protect it against damage and give it some thermal insulation:
View attachment 3419274

Next step is to plumb it up with some hose and an electric pump, which is waiting in boxes in the garage. I'll get to it soonish.
Does anyone know what the usual cleaning procedure is for a bladder mounted like this? Do you store it packed with solution? Fermentation and sanitization make up most of what I do, that's why I'm curious.

Does anyone know what the usual cleaning procedure is for a bladder mounted like this? Do you store it packed with solution? Fermentation and sanitization make up most of what I do, that's why I'm curious.
There's some guidance in the manual, I'll have a look tomorrow. I do recall it said when you get it new to soak it with some bicarb of soda and water for a few hours and rinse well.

You could maybe try searching. There’s like a googly thingie you can do, I’m told.

Pics of my Front Runner second row footwell tank. I have a sleeper/drawer system installed, but it left the second row footwell available to use.
Left side:
mUAWpp.jpg

I added a brass cutoff to the FR hose kit to ensure against leakage.
Right side:
1s6GBM.jpg

The front of the sleeper system has a flap that lifts up to provide access to what's below. The FR tank is low enough it leaves space for more storage on top of the tank, as well as a place to put a small inverter:
QEN9ic.jpg

Got some details for that tank? Supplier etc
Sure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom