Water outlet question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
Water outlet/housing wires question

2 wires on the 3B water outlet/Housing.

- one for the electric thermometer (with the brass dip)

- and the other one for ... ? for what ?

Last edited:
glow system sensor
Daryl

OK, I found a print page from one of my Toyota dealer visit.

Here the picture :

So, that partialy answer my question :

part # on the picture :

89429 (rear) : senor. I figure this one send the information for the dash thermometer

83420 (front) : gage water. what is the purpose of the gage ?

Why I ask this ? Because the gage water male sender is broken. So what will hapen ? I figure when the sensor is broke... no more temperature on the dash... but when the gage is broke ?

Last edited:
the 83420 is for your temp gauge...the other one is for glow system. if it is broke you will have no temp indication on your gauge ...it will not work
Daryl

MATHIEU,

as tu fait ton head gasket et tes lames arrieres? probleme avec ton gauge a pression huile?
tu dois trouver que r'nipper un bj70 ca coute pas mal plus que 2000-3000$ pesos!

désolé david......!!! pas le bon gars.......je croyais que c'etait jo pitt from gatineau....qui vens son bj70 et qui ne le vend pas en meme temps!

fjbj40 said:
the 83420 is for your temp gauge...the other one is for glow system. if it is broke you will have no temp indication on your gauge ...it will not work
Daryl

OK thank.

So the front one (83420) is my temp sender for my dash gauge.

The rear one (89429) is for the glow system... what kind of information this sensor send and where and what effect that sensor have on the glow system (technicaly) ?

STFELICIEN said:
désolé david......!!! pas le bon gars.......je croyais que c'etait jo pitt from gatineau....qui vens son bj70 et qui ne le vend pas en meme temps!

Hey STFILICIEN... No more news from masteryota since severale weeks. Hope he enjoy is BJ70 restoration. Hope he will send some news later.

Amuse toi bien avec ton nouveau BJ70 and don't forget to call me if you pass in Montréal.

;)

do you have the fsm ? in will tell you everything that you need to know .. if you do not go to birfield.com and download it .
Daryl

fjbj40 said:
do you have the fsm ? in will tell you everything that you need to know .. if you do not go to birfield.com and download it .
Daryl

ST-6, ST-10 and ST-11 in the 3B FSM.

Something else ?

Thank. ;)

Last edited:
What is the MAJOR risk if driving without this sensor ? (glow system)

For your information.

I buy a glow sensor for 40$ at autopart. brand "STANDARD" part # TX18

same as te temp sensor for several other toyota vehicule like corolla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom