Wait Times for LX600 allocations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m already on a list, but I got a call today from a Lexus dealer who said “8-10 months” wait on an LX. Three months ago it was 3-4 years. Not sure how that happened.

When asked to be put back on the list a week ago we were told a year. 4-days later we were offered their next allocation.

When asked to be put back on the list a week ago we were told a year. 4-days later we were offered their next allocation.
I wonder if demand is just cooling off or people have lost interest for one reason or another? I’m starting to see more vehicles on dealers lots around Dallas and surrounding suburbs. Unfortunately Lexus and Toyota lots are still looking pretty bare.

Higher interest rates, recession, crap stock market, inflation, key industry wide spread layoffs, etc. It's safe to say we will likely see it get worse before it gets better.

Wait times have not changed much at all. I was recently handed the keys to the castle ... Setting up a new filing system for deposits along with a detailed Excel spreadsheet for matching deposit/orders with new allocations. With the LX deposits the first thing was weeding out questionable deposits or any one who had already taken delivery of a LX and sold it. Lexus Dealer Daily has a service lane portal, allowing you to enter someones name, the state they live in and it will show resent cars they own. I started with out of state deposits and was curious why someone from Oklahoma would place a deposit in Va. Well this guy has taken delivery of 2 LX600, 6 2022 Toyota Tundra's more recently 5 2023 Toyota Sequoia's... I was shocked. So I ran every one who had left a deposit through the portal and refunded more than 15 deposits. We have this young guy who calls, email, and text my sales staff constantly asking if we have any 600's. I refused to take his deposit as his mailing address was a PO Box in Montana, they don't charge sales tax to title a car so it's a haven for shippers. This young guy has purchased 6 LX600's since 4/22. I ran the vin's through Carfax and most were tilted in Montana, with the same results for the guy from OK.
As a dealer if you sell a Lexus that is shipped out of the country Lexus will remove the same model from your allocation, so you have to thread lightly. If someone pays cash for a car, they have the title and can do whatever they want with the car and believe me when i say there are thousand of people flipping and shipping cars. So we have decided to look closely and do our due diligence and not except deposits for LX600's from anyone outside of DC area, unless we have done business with them before. We have many clients who have moved down south...FL, SC, NC so no shortage of clients. Lexus has also not given us any indication when things will ramp up but I think it will be a long wait for a 600 even when they do go back to full production
We took 157 deposits across the model line up from 12/31/22 through 01/31/22 and we have 42 deposits for the LX600 with 3 LX's arriving in next 2 months. Here's a glance at our current deposits across all models, 605 deposits.

EC5BB18A-77B4-42F7-BF4C-4125C7B3D66E.jpeg

A394CB59-DA00-41A5-89C1-87366E372057.jpeg

Last edited:
Wait times have not changed much at all. I was recently handed the keys to the castle ... Setting up a new filing system for deposits along with a detailed Excel spreadsheet for matching deposit/orders with new allocations. With the LX deposits the first thing was weeding out questionable deposits or any one who had already taken delivery of a LX and sold it. Lexus Dealer Daily has a service lane portal, allowing you to enter someones name, the state they live in and will show resent cars they own. I started with out of state deposits and was curious why someone from Oklahoma would place a deposit in Va. Well this guy has taken delivery of 2 LX600, 6 2022 Toyota Tundra's more recently 5 2023 Toyota Sequoia's... I was shocked. So I ran every one who had left a deposit through the portal and refunded more than 15 deposits. We have this young guy who calls, email, and text my sales staff constantly asking if we have any 600's. I refused to take his deposit as his mailing address was a PO Box in Montana, they don't charge sales tax to title a car so it's a haven for shippers. This young guy has purchased 6 LX600's since 4/22. I ran the vin's through Carfax and most were tilted in Montana, with the same results for the guy from OK.
As a dealer if you sell a Lexus that is shipped out of the country Lexus will remove the same model from your allocation, so you have to thread lightly. If someone pays cash for a car, they have the title and can do whatever they want with the car and believe me when i say there are thousand of people flipping and shipping cars. So we have decided to look closely and do our due diligence and not except deposits for LX600's from anyone outside of DC area, unless we have done business with them before. We have many clients who have moved down south...FL, SC, NC so no shortage of clients. Lexus has also not given us any indication when things will ramp up but I think it will be a long wait for a 600 even when they do go back to full production
We took 157 deposits across the model line up from 12/31/22 through 01/31/22 and we have 42 deposits for the LX600 with 3 LX's arriving in next 2 months. Here's a glance at our current deposits across all models, 605 deposits.
I hate scalpers. Thank you for doing your part in blocking those scumbags.

Wait times have not changed much at all. I was recently handed the keys to the castle ... Setting up a new filing system for deposits along with a detailed Excel spreadsheet for matching deposit/orders with new allocations. With the LX deposits the first thing was weeding out questionable deposits or any one who had already taken delivery of a LX and sold it. Lexus Dealer Daily has a service lane portal, allowing you to enter someones name, the state they live in and it will show resent cars they own. I started with out of state deposits and was curious why someone from Oklahoma would place a deposit in Va. Well this guy has taken delivery of 2 LX600, 6 2022 Toyota Tundra's more recently 5 2023 Toyota Sequoia's... I was shocked. So I ran every one who had left a deposit through the portal and refunded more than 15 deposits. We have this young guy who calls, email, and text my sales staff constantly asking if we have any 600's. I refused to take his deposit as his mailing address was a PO Box in Montana, they don't charge sales tax to title a car so it's a haven for shippers. This young guy has purchased 6 LX600's since 4/22. I ran the vin's through Carfax and most were tilted in Montana, with the same results for the guy from OK.

View attachment 3236611

View attachment 3236612

Congrats on the promotion to GM. :clap:

View attachment 3236611

View attachment 3236612
I hope my name is in there somewhere if you’re the dealer closest to me out in Leesburg. Although, waiting for a luxury with ahc, appearance package and 18” wheels seems like it may never actually happen at this point.

I hope my name is in there somewhere if you’re the dealer closest to me out in Leesburg. Although, waiting for a luxury with ahc, appearance package and 18” wheels seems like it may never actually happen at this point.
That would be Pohanka I’m in Alexandria

Gotcha. Have you seen any at all roll through with appearance package and 18” wheels? It seems the unicorn combo. I may be able to get a gx550 long before an lx at this rate.
I wouldn’t expect the new GX until next January at best.

View attachment 3236611

View attachment 3236612
We used to circulate a known exporter list to the dealers when I worked in the Boston Region. Shifty folks on that list, always changing LLCs and addresses. Good for you guys keeping the hammer down on those bad actors.

We used to circulate a known exporter list to the dealers when I worked in the Boston Region. Shifty folks on that list, always changing LLCs and addresses. Good for you guys keeping the hammer down on those bad actors.

This was done at SET as well as the Denver Region.

It was a **huge document**.

It sound like I have the same options ordered as Joshuak172 on a Premium, and the latest comments from the local dealer led me to believe that Premium model range has not even made it into normal/substantial production. The dark trim/18" wheels might just complicate my delivery dates.... Wife is sending me Volvo XC90s that are on the lot...

It sound like I have the same options ordered as Joshuak172 on a Premium, and the latest comments from the local dealer led me to believe that Premium model range has not even made it into normal/substantial production. The dark trim/18" wheels might just complicate my delivery dates.... Wife is sending me Volvo XC90s that are on the lot...
Honestly I think appearance package with 18” wheels might make the wait well over a year. I have yet to see any with this package come out.

Received just just before Christmas after waiting 364 days. White Premium with the blackout package and upgraded stereo.

what sort of dealer add-ons did they force you to pay for as a condition of sale? I've found a few, but they want $5K in window tinting, etc.
None and I cut a check for MSRP. I did ask them to put on 3M clear bra all over the front and mirrors before I picked it up for $1100 but that wasn't required for the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom