VSV removal on 94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know desmogging gets mixed opinions around here. So lets try to stay on topic. I have 1994 that is running great but burning oil. I will he pulling the head to do valve stem seals and a head gasket/rebuild "while i am in there" :). Over the years i have pulled the PAIR valve system so i could move the O2s up into the engine compartment instead of behind the wheel. I also had some broken EGR parts so went ahead and removed the EGR system as well. No codes or any problems in 25,000 miles.

So when i have the intakes apart i figure i might as well remove the VSV stuff that i am not using. Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of how they removed the VSV system?

Do you want to keep the charcoal canister working to vent the gas tank?
I was just looking at the schematics and from what I could see, some of the hoses and valves control more than one item but I am a novice at reading emissions schematics.

I think that would be fine. Mine is working well from what i can tell and i don't have any reason to remove it. But i could go whichever way.

I pulled all that including all the vsv switches, I have one vacuum line running to the fuel pressure ufo, charcoal canister now vents to atmosphere plugged the other vacuum ports with caps

Could you take a pic or two in the area of the VSV? I have removed my charcoal completely now vent go into the atmosphere, maybe a will connect there an old Israeli army gas mask filter if the smell of gasoline will be too much during the summer

Yea I will when I get home, I left canister so fumes still go thru charcoal then instead running hose to engine it goes thru the fender out wheel well

So? whats your point??

If you pull VSV of modern Toyota car you will get codes P401 P446 P441

No sure what the codes are above but my thoughts are it would not be the end of the world with or without a VSV on our trucks with no codes. Years back I remember breaking the nipple off the VSV feeding the canister and running that way for who knows how long with no chance once it was replaced.

The 16 - 17 MPG comment was weak Friday morning humor FWIW

IMG_4688.JPG
IMG_4689.JPG
IMG_4691.JPG

Correct obd1 so no codes on the emissions egr is disabled and put jumper into harness side of temp sensor, Super smooth idle , and have not experienced any boiling of gas this summer at high altitude

Correct obd1 so no codes on the emissions egr is disabled and put jumper into harness side of temp sensor, Super smooth idle , and have not experienced any boiling of gas this summer at high altitude

Good info
Wondering if OBDII would be as happy:hmm:

Yea I don't know on obd2, what codes it checks but if you have egr disabled with no codes I bet you could maybe? I also got rid of the pair system to move the o2s to the manifold with no codes. Only vacuum line I have now is to the fuel pressure on the rail so that s nice

I might be wheeling with Richie over in Moab next week if I can swing it, hesaid something bout meeting you, if we can hook up you can check it all out

Yea I don't know on obd2, what codes it checks but if you have egr disabled with no codes I bet you could maybe? I also got rid of the pair system to move the o2s to the manifold with no codes. Only vacuum line I have now is to the fuel pressure on the rail so that s nice

Cool that you took the chance and it all worked out. I like the clean look and less $hit to go bad.:)
Everything on my 96 is hooked up and working so not need to mess with, just yet.;)

I might be wheeling with Richie over in Moab next week if I can swing it, hesaid something bout meeting you, if we can hook up you can check it all out

Maybe I'll join you in Moab, 20 hours on the plane and I'm there.
I forgot your previous president Obama caused problems with my visa because I come from the Middle East, He forbade the use of profiling, meaning that an Israeli is interrogated like an Iranian, an Iraqi or a Syrian
I'm a doctor of chemistry
I am ex military (like almost every Israeli)
On the visa questionnaire I was asked about the knowledge of using weapons and explosive devices. I did not lie.

if a captain in israeli army combat enginers would know that? LOL

and Goodbye Visa

I wait for the new guy to change this stupidity

In the process of rebuilding my 94 Engine now. Replaced injectors today and cleaned up the intake. I have also deleted my pair and egr. So if I understand this correctly you basically deleted everything under the manifold and ran one vacuum line to the fuel rail. When you say a jumper on the tsv is that referring to just jumping both vacuum ports together with one line or the jumper wire on the plug that came off of the egr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom