VSC TRAC VSC OFF Lights on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, quick question. I was sitting in my 02 LX idling for a good 10-15 minutes when I noticed both the VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights came on. I put it in drive and moved a few feet and the lights turned off and have stayed off. I was almost able to forget about it, but I also kinda still can't sleep at night wondering wtf this could mean.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys. By P bulb do you mean the P as in that PRNDL display near the speedo? If so, why? The D is always burnt out.

Also, what's this FSM, I'll look into trying to communicate with the ABS but is this like a known problem and is it a big deal?

Also said:
Some people have reported that the VSC can sometimes cause erratic behavior while driving such as suddenly applying VSC control (braking/accelerating) while driving on dry pavement.

This could be due to a bad wheel sensor, yaw sensor, or bad calibration or a bad ECU.
So you really do want to look into it so that you don't experience erratic behavior.

A zero point cal is the easiest/cheapest place to start. That and pulling codes. FYI - Codes can't be pulled with a standard OBDII scan tool. You must use Techstream or manually by shorting Tc and E1 on the DCT 1 port and counting the VSC flashes.

Jeez, reading all these forum threads would lead a normal person to conclude that these cars might leave you stranded for any number of reasons. Now you’re telling me the abs computer can screw up randomly and start trying to control random brakes while I’m driving?!

I guess so. I’d still prefer to see mostly threads about mods and upgrades rather than all kinds of troubleshooting intermittent issues and repairs haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom