Visited an even earlier one! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I LOVE 20s and early 40s. Something extra special to them... or I am biased with my early one. :D . Went and met up with an awesome local cruiserhead that has the most incredible 1962. The degree to how many original surviving parts it has is amazing. Tags still on the seat cushions, headliner, seatbelts, rear spare tire.. a completely un-cracked steering wheel. The list goes on a while. He has done some super trick updates as well like making a custom dual tin cup brake MC for dual circuit brakes. :cool:He is machinist... so the skill level on the work is amazing. Super great guy. Here are some shots from today. Thought you all would enjoy and geek out on all the cool original details like I did.
IMG_2965.jpeg

IMG_2946.jpeg

IMG_2950.jpeg

IMG_2955.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

Last edited:
Original spare…. Or at least close to it. :D
94B1FA9F-701C-47A5-A654-27BDA5F78D22.jpeg

Pretty cool. What's going on with the fuel lines near the carb?
When he first got the truck the fuel system was super dirt so he added an additional filter right there at the carb. He fabricated a loop system with the line/filter so it just bolted right in without changing the original hardline. He has since cleaned the fuel system all up so he is going to take that filter off and go back to the stock line to the carb.

Went and visited my friend today. Always a good time. He would love to convert that swapped clutch MC back to something more original. I think I found a MC, but does anyone have an original hard clutch line on hand they want to part with to go on an incredible survivor? :)

IMG_7516.jpg

Looks like he found a hardline in a box of parts that came with the truck a few years back. Sweet!
I think I have a line on a clutch MC that should provide the correct end cap. Then the plan is to swap that onto a new brake MC and we should be off to the period correct races!

I kind of like that dual tincup master, double the OEM fun!

I kind of like that dual tincup master, double the OEM fun!
Yeah, I love that. He didn’t want a new MC to stand out but wanted dual circuit brakes. He got a wilwood MC and machined the little adapter parts to put on the tin cups. Baller status :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom