VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here’s a picture of one.
3EA38F27-7521-4722-9823-02D68A08B10F.jpeg

I plan on putting one on as well as I slowly turn my 40 into a troopy.

60 series sway bars are a lot easier to find and i believe will fit between the rear wheels. The front axle I think is two tight for a 60 bar. I have both so I could check for you if you want. It could be different with different wheels and back spacing though.

A sway bar on just the rear can cause some squirrelly handing in the corners so ideally you would do both axles.

The 45 series might have got away with just having one on the rear because of the longer wheel base and for carrying a load.

Last edited:
I'd like to borrow or buy a 2H or 12HT rad fan. Anyone have? - EDIT: GOT ONE, THANKS PZed!!

I'd like to experiment with it as an upgrade for the Prado that does not need any spacer. I have upgraded mine, but had to fab a spacer as the fan had the wrong offset.

Last edited:
Here’s a picture of one. View attachment 1676649
I plan on putting one on as well as I slowly turn my 40 into a troopy.

60 series sway bars are a lot easier to find and i believe will fit between the rear wheels. The front axle I think is two tight for a 60 bar. I have both so I could check for you if you want. It could be different with different wheels and back spacing though.

A sway bar on just the rear can cause some squirrelly handing in the corners so ideally you would do both axles.

The 45 series might have got away with just having one on the rear because of the longer wheel base and for carrying a load.
Thanks for the pic. My rear is heavier than the front so it would likely be ok. It would likely fit... other than the exhaust... which could be tight. I’d have to crawl underneath and have a better look.

Looking for LH side plastic rain deflector thing just like the one on the RH side door??
Also, a LH electric chrome mirror for BJ74, just like the one on the RH door.

IMG_0272.JPG

I'm about to do a bunch of work on this and double the price. Thought I'd throw it on here one more time to see if anyone is interested. $2400 OBO.

I drove this truck for a few months while my LJ78 was off the road for TLC. This truck generally ran well with good road manners. Came with a huge folder of receipts from the previous owner. Was well maintained and had regular oil changes.

Hilux Surf with MECHANICAL INJECTION 2LT-II and R150F MANUAL transmission (rare and desirable combo - much better than the electronic with auto trans). 182,000kms. Very clean interior. Little bit of rust on the body. Clean frame. Upgraded exhaust in excellent shape. Recent alternator rebuild and dual batteries. 31x10.5R15 BFG A/T with about 80% tread on two piece alloy wheels. Has had the '3L' head upgrade along with new rad from OZ. Engine starts great with single 8sec glow and no smoke or stuttering. EGR system removed with block-off plates installed.

Now for the bad: Needs a new turbo compressor (good CHRA included!), needs a single mass flywheel and new clutch, it's time for the timing belt to be done, and the injection pump is leaking (needs seals).

I'm about to press the button and order the parts to fix it myself. But if there is anyone on here that likes these or wants to swap the diesel drive train into a pick-up, let me know. If you'd rather buy it once the work is done, that is fine too. I'll be looking for around $5000-$5500 at that point.

Clutch is slipping enough that I'd say it's ideal for localish buyers only right now. Unless you want to tow it.

img_20171107_082748656-jpg.1570115

img_20171107_082813054-jpg.1570116

img_20171105_152053788_hdr-jpg.1570117

img_20171105_152102282_hdr-jpg.1570119

img_20171105_152208066-jpg.1570122

Last edited:
I'm putting this here. For anyone with some money, in my eyes this is probably one of the most complete
and intriguing builds ever put on this forum. I remember the owner saying he was going to sell it last year.
Well, here it is. It's $12.5K and when you look at Kakadu and the trailers there for sale, this thing is
X1000 in value. I don't expect it will last.

My scratch built expedition style trailer build up thread

I'd like to borrow or buy a 2H or 12HT rad fan. Anyone have?

I'd like to experiment with it as an upgrade for the Prado that does not need any spacer. I have upgraded mine, but had to fab a spacer as the fan had the wrong offset.
Like to see it for a friend.

Posting for a friend, new Aqualu tub for a 1980fj/bj40 body style. $4000.00 OBO. It's located in Campbell River. Pm for details if you're interested.

Decent price... about $900 less than list plus no shipping. Been doing this for too long, I remember when they were <$2000

LOOK AT THAT VENT COVER!!!

Fixed it for you... I only see one. And they didn't even switch it side to side for the pictures ;)

Looking for some 33x12.5r15 cheep tires for my dads 60. Worn down tread is fine. Thanks!

Last edited:
If that were the case I assumed they would post pictures. But you never know, let’s hope it’s a beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom