Venting Hoses part numbers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,

About to fire up my truck for the first time in a long time, 2 years. But the way I left it, there were some major issues with the ventillation leading me to only fill a gallon at a time into the tank...

Some guys on here have said an old vent hose can be the cause, or vent valve.

I got the repalcement valve from toyota, but can't find the hoses anywhere (discontinued by toyota). I'm assuming these hoses are kinked or rotted like many have suspected. Also, would one need a new grommet as well?

Any input on this topic appreciated. Dan

ih8mud.png

The longer hoses in your diagram can be replaced with standard PCV vacuum hose. It’s got to be PCV hose and not fuel line because the high vacuum will collapse non-PCV hose. Most auto parts stores stock different sizes.
The elbow that connects to the engine block should be fine. Its metal.

That hose labeled 12263
in your drawing is just a ventilation hose that isn’t subjected to vacuum- so any right angle hose will work for that (that can withstand the heat and oil).

I think toyota was still selling the PCV valve rubber grommet.

Last edited:
do you recall the interior diameter etc of these? and if the old ones are hard, I can assume theyre needing replacement etc.

Want to make sure I have proper replacements before I pull them. Ill buy that PCV in bulk but need like an actual example and spec of what Im getting.

Thanks a million
Dan

Bring your PCV valve with you to the auto parts store and look for PCV hose that fits it snugly (the narrow end). When you’ve found it - that’s the right size. I don’t know the size for the value cover elbow hose. You could measure the fitting. That elbow hose doesn’t carry high vacuum so it’s fit doesn’t have to be perfect.

The PCV ( positive crankcase ventilation) valve does not affect putting gasoline in your tank. There are vent lines and valves associated with the gas tank and EVAP system that should be investigated.

I noticed the exhuast pipes are corroding and their gaskets are falling apart (both the vertcile inside of a metal passageway, and the one underneath the car have bad gaskets and at least one of them is rotten.

Ayone have part #s for the filler gasket and hose, and the lower hose to tank with gasket? <3

Is this what you're looking for?

Gas Tank Hoses
Yes, Do people normally have to replace these gaskets (ie item 1 in the attatched photo)? I just did filler hose and lower vent hoses, but noticed this guy on the thread above had these all checked off.

While Im down there just want to get it done and replace what's necessary.

Dan

tankparts.jpeg

Yes, Do people normally have to replace these gaskets (ie item 1 in the attatched photo)? I just did filler hose and lower vent hoses, but noticed this guy on the thread above had these all checked off.

While Im down there just want to get it done and replace what's necessary.

Dan

i have BOTH PCV HOSES below OEM toyota , japan parts too .......fyi 12263 / 12262

- they both include oem spring clamps too

the PCV valve rubber grommet too

- i have 90461-08064 stand off bracket ,

- i think i DO also have the 10078 funky L shape fish hook one too , i will have to check to be sure

1688300843684.png

1688301100304.png

1688301144264.png

1688301177826.png

1688301192585.png

i have BOTH PCV HOSES below OEM toyota , japan parts too .......fyi 12263 / 12262

- they both include oem spring clamps too

the PCV valve rubber grommet too

- i have 90461-08064 stand off bracket ,

- i think i DO also have the 10078 funky L shape fish hook one too , i will have to check to be sure

View attachment 3363351
View attachment 3363358
View attachment 3363359
View attachment 3363362
View attachment 3363364
My rubber grommet is still on pipe that comes off the engine block I believe. Are these reusable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom