value 85 4-Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am normally on the FJ40 pages of this board. My dad asked me to find him a 1985 4-Runner a few months back. I found one and wanted some opinions from you all.

1985 4-Runner 200k miles. 100% stock. All records with all toyota parts. No rust or damage. Adult owned since new. Very plain jane looking not dressed up at all. He wants $2200 cash.

Is this fair? We have been looking for a 2nd truck for my dad for a long time. I think this is the best I have seen yet.

What do you think?

it sounds like a pretty good deal. If you don't buy it let me know i might be interested.

lunyou

thats pretty good i bought a 1 owner garage kept 85 coupe years back completely stock that had 190xxx on it and gave 2k for it.. it depends on what part of the country you are in

I would get a 4 cylinder 22RE motor, thats the only runner I owuld buy personally.

Just because you are an adult doesn't mean you take care of your trucks, but the toyota parts are definitaly a good thing.

cheers

dont have to worry bout that in an 85 they didnt start with the 3.slow till 88

Another 4-runner question

thanks guys for all of the replies. I know to do a comp. check before buying. I also know to check the frame for damage and give the truck a thorough once over to make sure it is clean and straight.

Now, I know I am highjacking my own post.

But if my dad gets it, can I give hime some 33 9.5 15 on chrome FJ60 rims to use? Also is there a bumper made that allows for using the Warn 8274 on the front of a 1985 4-Runner?

thanks

Aaron

33s will rub, and you might check out the timing chain guides, many have had problems with them breaking.

KliersLC thanks

thanks. I will check it out.

Aaron

i found an 85 a few months ago but didn't move on it.
190K, body ruffed up a little, interior was alright, but it ran like
a top. guy wanted $1000,
keep looking i say.

the 85 4runner i had ran well with 31x10.50s on 5 spoke white wheels that came from the factory. The tires came from the factory also.

lunyou

If it's that sweet then get it. A friend of mine just bought an '85 runner that needed a cam chain and a few other things for $1500 and we're pretty sure he got a real good deal...

get it?

Yes I understand the "go get it". he has to find another truck. We agreed that I will buy it. If he fulfills his end he will find another truck in the next few weeks, I hope it happens by the holidays.

thanks to all the replies

Aaron

gotta love it

Hmm- He seems to have forgotten to mention two major things:

Rust and rear frame damage. I decided to not buy.

Aaron

Who knows?

Honestly this guy is older like 60+ and may have just missed it. I shouldn't be bitter as I figured it our before the transaction. Also He may not have known as he was the 2nd owner. He sure seemed like a real nice guy but he was "slower" to respond than normal to the standard questions. I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt with stuff like this. So who knows I think he is a fair guy that just doesn't know Toyota;s as well as the board members.

Either way thanks

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom