Vacuum system for turbo, 1991 lj78g (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi team,
I brought this 1991 sx swb prado.
Been parked up in his shed for 10 years with a new head and the egr system removed with a mechanical fuel pump installed on my 2L-TE. It runs smooth. But there not a lot of power.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the Turbo, but I can't be certain, I noticed one of the vacuum lines have been plugged up with a screw (see fist pic) The turbo does spin, and make noise but there is not a lot of power and the Turbo light stays on all the time.

If I am right with my wonders, the entire vacuum/ blow off value and ecu sensor has been removed completely?

What do I need to do to get that all set up again? I’ve got a few diagrams but I’m sure there will be a simpler way.

Ideas?

Let me know if more photos are needed, happy to help!

Thank you in advance for the help!
(Plz ignore all the dry coolant in my engine bay had a hose blew out on me)

AB8262C9-24B8-47A2-853E-4407C014F4AC.jpeg

A7AA8F02-ADF4-437E-9CED-A335D696BB9B.jpeg

4CFDFB22-C027-486F-9B22-3B12C66808A8.jpeg

F7605448-5544-4D37-8DBE-853C8FF0AD32.jpeg

Your injection pump is missing a 'boost compensator' which means its from a non-turbo engine. This means it doesn't add more fuel as boost comes on. It's common to add boost compensators to engines like the 1HZ when they've been turboed; so likely one can be added to your manual injection pump also. Just do some searching/reading to see how people do it. Most parts are interchangeable on the denso pumps.

Your injection pump is missing a 'boost compensator' which means its from a non-turbo engine. This means it doesn't add more fuel as boost comes on. It's common to add boost compensators to engines like the 1HZ when they've been turboed; so likely one can be added to your manual injection pump also. Just do some searching/reading to see how people do it. Most parts are interchangeable on the denso pumps.

Thank you so much for that, should I do a few google search/ search this forums ‘how to turbo a 1HZ engine’ to help me find out how to do it?

Would I need to do a set up like this to get all the vacuum hoses looking right?

884ED58F-77F3-4B63-9863-EB0B19FDC168.jpeg

Thank you so much for that, should I do a few google search/ search this forums ‘how to turbo a 1HZ engine’ to help me find out how to do it?

Would I need to do a set up like this to get all the vacuum hoses looking right?

View attachment 2851351

Yes, that's correct. Your pic shows what looks like a normal mechanical injection 2LT-II with a boost compensator. Vacuum line runs from the intake manifold through that little filter thing to the boost comp.

This is how a OEM 2LT-II (mechanical injection) pump looks:

img_8789-jpg.1512713

Sweet as thank you, so if i can get my hands on that fuel pump like that is should bolt in?? Do i need to buy a boost senor too? i will be running a after market boost gauge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom