Vacuum hose where to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I have a vacuum hose, from the base of the carburetor. EGR is deleted. Where should it route to?

IMG_1533.jpeg

I believe that's PCV or evap. Follow what it connects to and you'll have an exact answer. It definitely has nothing to do with the EGR. Leave it.

I believe that's PCV or evap. Follow what it connects to and you'll have an exact answer. It definitely has nothing to do with the EGR. Leave it.
It doesn't currently connect to anything. I'm trying to determine where it goes.

Looks like it's connected to me. Or are you referring to the other side of the hose? The other side goes to a hardline back towards the firewall.

Check the Emissions Manual here: FSM - 2F Engine Emission Control, 1981, 36043E - https://forum.ih8mud.com/resources/2f-engine-emission-control-1981-36043e.138/

There are diagrams that will show exactly where it goes.
Yes, the other side. The motor is from a 60 series and is presently in a 40 series. Just can't figure out where that hose should go to.

goes to a VCV for EVAP system. The VCV has vent on it as well as a hose going to the bvsv #1 on the thermostat housing (the higher one), which then goes to the base of the carb passenger side. Desmogged completely?
Screenshot 2023-05-22 18.40.46.png

Last edited:
goes to a VCV for EVAP system. The VCV has vent on it as well as a hose going to the bvsv #1 on the thermostat housing (the higher one), which then goes to the base of the carb passenger side. Desmogged completely?
View attachment 3329664
Completely desmogged. Does that change anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom