vacuum gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to install vacuum gauges in all my cruisers. Anybody got one they like? Digital or analog? They range from 5.00 to 200.00 Thanks, Mike

Going to install vacuum gauges in all my cruisers. Anybody got one they like? Digital or analog? They range from 5.00 to 200.00 Thanks, Mike

I had no idea a digital vacuum gauge even existed. I have been very happy with the Auto Meter and even the generic parts store vacuum gauges in the past. Pick your price point, gauge size, face, and be done with it. It is one of my favorite gauges.

Concur with above...
I like watching the needles move so no on the digital...
I got Autometer gauges.

I agree its the best gauge you can have Mike

Howdy! I'm with PigHead on this one. I like to be able to see the needle moving back and forth. If it starts fluttering at idle speeds, then your engine's getting tired. I've been using one about 30 years. With a gear splitter, I can keep the engine running in the "sweet zone" most of the time. John

I like needles,its fun to watch my 4-channel Sansui. I would think digital would also show the fluctuations and my vision is still 20-20 but I think it might be easier to see digital,could be wrong. Still trying to get a sampling of good brands,VDO etc... MIke

A vacuum gauge is a very important - and overlooked - diagnostic tool. I install one in my vehicles, and have a loose one in my toolbox. You'd be amazed what you can tell about a vehicle you're interested in buying by using a vacuum gauge.

How to use a vacuum gauge

Vacuum 101 - Land Cruiser Tech from IH8MUD.com

A vacuum gauge can help you set the idle mixture too.

Holley Performance Products Frequently Asked Questions

Holley Tune, Part 1

As for the type of vacuum gauge, I use a plain ol' Stewart Warner.

I like needles,its fun to watch my 4-channel Sansui. I would think digital would also show the fluctuations and my vision is still 20-20 but I think it might be easier to see digital,could be wrong. Still trying to get a sampling of good brands,VDO etc... MIke

I wasted money on several Stewart Warners [lasted 1~2 years each] before giving up on them. Wasted money on ONE VDO that lasted even less time. Current one is SunPro, and has been in there for ~6 years [could be longer]

I wasted money on several Stewart Warners [lasted 1~2 years each] before giving up on them. Wasted money on ONE VDO that lasted even less time. Current one is SunPro, and has been in there for ~6 years [could be longer]

Interesting, because some of my S-W's go back 30 years and are still working fine.

The worst ones I've had are Auto Meter and Auto Gauge.

What Im seeing is the old gauges are good ,most new ones are China....... mike

Brian,Those are excellent articles,Ive seen them before. Thanks, Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom