VA trail run in Off-road Adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Max.Powerzz

Cruisers and Art!
Threads
I know "Off-Road Adventures" is a tad on the cheezy side since they're just pushing 4-wheel parts stuff, but it's a decent magazine for being a freebie. There's an article in this month's issue featuring some VA trails and Fran Bitzan's fj40.

That's pretty cool. I can't believe it took them 6 hours to get back to the waterfall!

how long should it take to get to the watterfall?

Last Saturday, it took three of us about 3.5 hours to get to the waterfall. I guess we had a small group, but we did spend a while getting a certain 80 out of the water after a driver chose the crazy line. :D

COULD A STOCK 62 NO LOCKERS SITTING ON 34 10/50S MAKE IT DOWN the trails your talking about?

I think there was discussion about your truck running these exact trails a couple months ago when we got a group of 'mud guys together to run Devil's Ditch. Your main problem wouldn't be traction; it would be your rocker panels.

All my 40 has a 1.5" shackle lift and 32"x11.50 MTs. I don't have a locker either, but I do have sliders. I get through this trail okay, but I use those sliders. Without them, my rockers would have been crunched. Now, you do have bigger tires (and therefore more clearance), but you also have a longer wheel-base, so that probably cancels out.

Bottom line: I think you'd make it through okay, but there are a couple spots where you'd take damage to your rockers w/o sliders.

Oh, and this is all with the exception of the last hill climb that actually leads to the waterfall. I can't even come close to making it up that, and likely neither would you w/o lockers. But the rest of the trail is a lot of fun, definitely worth it even without doing the hill climb.

Edit: here are Riad's pictures of us on this trail last weekend - http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105936094

I love honesty . Well since you guys seen me the last time i floped my truck on the drivers side. if and when i get my act together and buy a new altinator . i will be getting my exhuast fixed shortly after that. Running both pipes inside the fraimerails. Once thats done i wana try these trails. im not realy worried bout my rockers. As long as i would be able to shut my doors. CHICKS DIG SCARS RIGHT? And i have to have both the altinator and exhuast done by the 6th of july. for emissions.

I have a question how do u think a 60 or 62 would do with dual handbrakes? I been thinking of haveing a friend weld me up a bracket to seperate my e brake lines on rear dif. and installing a second hand brake. So i could cut brakes when one wheel in the air ,

I came to the conclusion that if i had that done the night i fliped my truck it wouldnt have fliped.

Any ideas on a easy way to set this up?
I was thinking have a piece of pipe cut and flair it on both ends to prevent chafeing of the wires . seperate the two where they join each other above the dif. mount second hand brake beside original one. and have both cables run threw the flaired pipe? I figured hand brake out a camaro would work or a cavalier

I hope that made some sense.

ps i cant wait to wheel with you guys again.

Last edited:
That sounds cool, but that question is probably better suited for the 60 forum. I don't know the first thing about that.

But, it does sound cool, though. Although, couldn't you just get a rear locker?

Yeah i could get a locker. Buttttt they cost couple hundred bucks. I can get hand brake for dam near free. Pick up some cable and conectors to conect it together. drill a hole mount the brake and have seperet hand brakes. one wheel spinning with no traction lock it up alittle bit make other wheel with tractions start moveing the vehicle. I seen heeepers do it. Thought it might be cool on the cruiser.

You could get an aussie locker which is a lot cheaper than an ARB. Plus it is much easier to install.

yeah and you wouldn't be f***ing up your brakes and be trying to drive with one hand on a brake, one on the wheel and your feet going back and fourth on the pedals. I think in the long run an auto locker would be cheaper. Installation is a breeze.

i got a automatic. so it wont realy be that difrent. Just when a wheel in air use the apropriate handbrake and got threw the obsticle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom