Uwharrie, NC anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
NC Cruiser Head here, tryin to get more people to come up here before it closes. Since I'm so close, I'll be headin there Uwharries almost every weekend till close, anyone here want to get a run or so in before it closes post, PM, email, IM, or call (704-438-0730) if you're interested! Would love to see a convoy of cruisers there!

how late is URE open isn't till like January??? I would be intrested in a post Thanksgiving run, got to much on the plate till then, but keep us informed of when you are going

JP

It's open till December...Thanksgiving weekend might work..I'll be in TN on Thanksgiving, but could be back for a sunday run. I'm game for any weekend that any cruiser heads can do it. It's only a 20 minute drive there, so it doesn't take much planning for me.

You going this weekend by any chance?

Alex,

Roger. Let's plan on an overnighter then to get max participation from the UC crowd.

JP - I'll work with you if you want on the logistics to make it happen. Would be a good time and some great wheelin'!!!

Andy

Sounds like a plan Andy, we had a trail ride scheduled in december that was supposed to be an over nighter that has been canceled so maybe we can schedule the URE trip for that weekend........ either way lets do it!!! Get the north and the south together :cheers: unfortunately I will be in Tellico all weekend :flipoff2:, but I will get in touch with you when I get back and get the ball rolling!!!!
JP

Sorry guys, was at the beach this weekend (would be the weekend ya'll wanted to go), next Saturday or Sunday will probably work for me. Or an overnighter in December would be great...I love the cold weather!

cruiser4life said:
Alex,

Roger. Let's plan on an overnighter then to get max participation from the UC crowd.

JP - I'll work with you if you want on the logistics to make it happen. Would be a good time and some great wheelin'!!!

Andy

Thanks, Andy:

Please work with JP, our Events Coordinator to make it happen. I trust you have received the newsletter? I think the earlier in December the better because of the holidays.

Thanks!

Alex,

Yep, I got the newsletter. Nice work and thanks!

Didn't know Troll was such a writer!! :D

Dec for an overnighter is great. I may head this weekend for a day (posted here) but I'll work with "Tellico Flip" JP for a Dec camping trip.

Andy

I'd be in to join on that over nighter, as long as I don't have wrestling that weekend. Keep me posted.

Oh yea, Friday the 21st or Sunday the 23rd is good for me as a more immediate trip. Anyone in?

ClemsonCruiser said:
Sounds like a plan Andy, we had a trail ride scheduled in december that was supposed to be an over nighter that has been canceled so maybe we can schedule the URE trip for that weekend........ either way lets do it!!! Get the north and the south together :cheers: unfortunately I will be in Tellico all weekend :flipoff2:, but I will get in touch with you when I get back and get the ball rolling!!!!
JP

Uwharrie was a blast this weekend guys. Sorry it was late notice and none of you guys could make it. If it makes anyone feel better, none of the NC Cruiser guys made it either. It was me, the rovers and jeeps for the day. Lots of "nice jeep" comments came my way on the trails during the day... :D

JP - Let me know when you want to start trying to pin down an overnighter. Lots of options for camping. Can camp on the trail, in a "group camp" field or actual campgrounds with some facilities. All camping is either on the trail or 2-3 minutes away at most.

cruiser4life said:
Uwharrie was a blast this weekend guys. Sorry it was late notice and none of you guys could make it. If it makes anyone feel better, none of the NC Cruiser guys made it either. It was me, the rovers and jeeps for the day. Lots of "nice jeep" comments came my way on the trails during the day... :D

JP - Let me know when you want to start trying to pin down an overnighter. Lots of options for camping. Can camp on the trail, in a "group camp" field or actual campgrounds with some facilities. All camping is either on the trail or 2-3 minutes away at most.

Ah I just found out my brother bought a lake house on the lake boardering uwharrie. Looks like I'm going to have a free place to stay.

That's cool Troll. I assume you mean Badin Lake?

Lake Tillery is in the Uwharrie National Forest too, but the trails border Badin Lake. Both are part of the Pee Dee River system.

My house is only an hour from the trails but I'm down for camping if we can get it organized...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom