Upgrading to 33's this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys, I'm planning on upgrading to 33x10.50x15's this weekend and just wanted to ask one more time and make sure they will fit on a all stock 92.

should fit but I would suspect some rubbing offroad.

I have a lift and will be getting 34s soon (if the fates see fit!)

I hope it will still have enough get up and go to get up and going with that 3FE in there. :-\

DanKunz-

How do you have a 3 inch lift? I thought it only came in 2.5" or the Slee's huge 5" lift. Spacers?

Dont let rogue try to scare you, (damn Zoobies) the might 3fe will turn the 33's pretty well. I have to say it will not liek pulling mountain grades in third gear anymore but downshift to 2nd and you will be ok. just curious why are you going 33x10.5? are you keeping on the stock rims?
Dave

How do you have a 3 inch lift? I thought it only came in 2.5" or the Slee's huge 5" lift. Spacers?

When you get new springs they are nice and stiff, so unless he got the J series springs, its just the springs before they are settled in. The OME 850s are made to have a constnat weight of 200lbs or somethin, so if you have a stock 80 with 850s then you get about like 4" of lift, abut once the ARB and Kaymar and SC and sliders and roofrack and winch go on, its goes down. someone correct me if Im wrong.

Phaedrus,

Right now I have some aftermarket 6 spoke 15x7 with the 31" AT's. The factory rims are in storage. A buddy of mine just bought a 88 Toyota 4x4 Truck w/ 32" MT's and wants to change them out to what I have. Since I've always thought mine looked small a trade agreement came up. He buys me the new ones and can have the 31's and the factory rims for his truck. I just think it will fill in the openings better.

Think 12.50's ::) It'll look like it's running around on 4 butter knives with 10.50's............ ;)

FWIW i run 33x10.5's on my fj60.....I love those tires :)

Here's a shot of my '92 with the stock suspension and 33x9.50's. They didn't rub at all but could get close in some situations. I'd imagine 10.50's would once in awhile. The 9.50's worked really well, there only weakness being sand.

LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

With that said though, they did look a litlle goofy and not as cool as they did on my 60.
LinkPhoto

8)

[quote author=DanKunz link=board=2;threadid=4674;start=msg35240#msg35240 date=1061924239]
should fit but I would suspect some rubbing offroad.

I have a lift and will be getting 34s soon (if the fates see fit!)
[/quote]
Yeah dan, those tires on there when I was over gettin the compressor looked kinda small.
Wait till you see the swampers on the 40 at the sept. meeting. Very nice. :D :eek:

Hey UP - dang, that's hard on the eyes dude.

Count my vote for at least 11+" on the tread width. I think the 15.5 are a bit nuts though.

Hey "Upcruiser" whats up! The pics of your rig in this post, obviously different rims from your Colorado trip, but the Colorado trip pics looks like you have WIDER tires then the pizza cuters in this post?

Yomama

I don't have an OME lift, hence the ability to have 3" on an 80.

I have a heavy spring older Man-a-Fre coil with Bilsteins.

No spacers.

I am going for 34x12.50x15 Truxus MTs on black rockcrawlers...

should look nice! ;)

I would not mind having 12.50 width instead but because my rims are only 15x7 I have to stick with the 10.50's. At least that is what I'm being told by the BFGoodrich website.

yep!

I am getting 10inchers to make my 12.50s happy.

You can run wider on an 8 inch rim as well.

[quote author=92Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=4674;start=msg35570#msg35570 date=1061992326]
my rims are only 15x7 I have to stick with the 10.50's. At least that is what I'm being told by the BFGoodrich website.
[/quote]

Ahh, 12.50s will fit find on the 15x7. 33s or 35s. They will be pulled in slightly more of course with the 33s, but I've seen many 12.50s on 7" wheels all with no problems whatsoever. It's the 35x12.50s on 6" wheels that get a little funny looking.

[quote author=92Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=4674;start=msg35570#msg35570 date=1061992326]
I would not mind having 12.50 width instead but because my rims are only 15x7 I have to stick with the 10.50's. At least that is what I'm being told by the BFGoodrich website. [/quote]

LOL dude. Those are pocket saver wearing, masking tape, dumbbunnies that have no clue. :flipoff2:

Seriously, you can run a 12.5 on the 7" - plus you are less likely to blow a bead. Consider them redneck beadlocks. Yes, they are a pita to get on and off, but I would do it without hesitation.

Call an offroad shop that sells tires and ask them - granted you may want to do it in person to get the real answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom