*UPDATED* Eimkeith RAM (radius arm mount) install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my apologies about the delivery times, I should be able to kill those delivery times, soon - new products roll out slowish; but I'm usually same-day/next-day shipping once stock is in place.
(these keep selling out before I pick up the small runs that I'm doing during these revisions!)

Wanna build me one that moves the axle 2.5” forward and the hole is 2” lower?

Ya I’m serious. Right now the plan is to cut the whole bracket off and build a new one, which I’m ok with. I’d be adding some gusseting onto a mount that extended out that much further if it was built anyways

I think you'd be getting into the panhard bar with more than 1.25" forward, so in your case you'd be relocating the panhard mount as well (or making an artfully bent one?)
At that point, though might as well shift everything forward together?

Hey Leonard. Im burning these in tomorrow. Dumb question. Can i pull an arm off without the frame on jack stands?
I certainly didn't put the frame on jack stands. Personally I think it is more than safe to remove a radius arm or both from the truck without supporting it with jack stands as long as your not being stupid and not on a hill. It seems like it would take a lot to get the axle to shift enough to cause a safety issue.

That being said I am sure some safety wizard out there would disagree, and as always perform at your own risk.

I certainly didn't put the frame on jack stands. Personally I think it is more than safe to remove a radius arm or both from the truck without supporting it with jack stands as long as your not being stupid and not on a hill. It seems like it would take a lot to get the axle to shift enough to cause a safety issue.

That being said I am sure some safety wizard out there would disagree, and as always perform at your own risk.

I did my bushings one arm at a time without supporting anything (and I'm still alive)

Update: I went and did some pretty hard rock crawling yesterday at sand hollow. I smacked my sliders, front and rear bumper, and even scraped my rear lca mounts a couple of times. As far as I can tell I did not have any clearance issues with these RAM mounts.

20210225_173338.jpg

20210225_173339.jpg

20210225_163823.jpg

20210225_165456.jpg

I think you'd be getting into the panhard bar with more than 1.25" forward, so in your case you'd be relocating the panhard mount as well (or making an artfully bent one?)
At that point, though might as well shift everything forward together?

I believe your probably right.

It’s gonna be easier for me to get these fabbed up locally I think. As an FYI, mine involves a narrowed D60 swapped to passenger side, probably radius arms on top, airbags etc.

Moving the panhard bar is not gonna be the biggest obstacle

I believe your probably right.

It’s gonna be easier for me to get these fabbed up locally I think. As an FYI, mine involves a narrowed D60 swapped to passenger side, probably radius arms on top, airbags etc.

Moving the panhard bar is not gonna be the biggest obstacle
pictures are going to be required! :)

pictures are going to be required! :)

This is where I’m at

my apologies about the delivery times, I should be able to kill those delivery times, soon - new products roll out slowish; but I'm usually same-day/next-day shipping once stock is in place.
(these keep selling out before I pick up the small runs that I'm doing during these revisions!)
Any idea on the lead times for the current version?

Any idea on the lead times for the current version?
I pick up the new stock Tuesday; it's not entirely sold out yet (but I'm going to need to submit a larger order pretty much immediately) so I'll be shipping new orders on Wed/Thurs of next week.

I pick up the new stock Tuesday; it's not entirely sold out yet (but I'm going to need to submit a larger order pretty much immediately) so I'll be shipping new orders on Wed/Thurs of next week.
Woohoo! I ordered yesterday! I’m excited to get mine.

I had a friend weld these on before my trip to sand hollow. I’m running dobinsons tapered springs (getting 4” of lift), slee plates, and the RAM. If I calculated it right, I’m running somewhere between 3.5 snd 4.5 degrees of caster ( I have a parting kit sooo no vibes for me). The RAM has completely changed the 80. I removed the sway bar when we got to the rental house and now the 80 corners like it used to with the sway bar on. Body roll is drastically decreased and the increase in anti dive definitely makes me feel more confident on hard stops. And the ride is way smoother on the trail, it soaks up bumps better, climbs better, and (my favorite part) the 80 doesn’t just fall when coming off of an obstacle. When one of the front tires dropped out, it used to feel like it would almost pull the car down the obstacle with it, not anymore. I know the RAM will increase down travel by 2” but it also feels like it has made the front end more apt to articulate. I’m extremely happy with how much better the 80 feels in every scenario. I’m excited to see how it wheels once we start getting in to harder stuff later in the week!

Maybe I’m crazy, or it’s a good product with a myriad of benefits

349C919E-E7ED-4160-A104-AFBEDF32D849.jpeg

I think you will continue to be impressed. I have yet to drag my RAM mounts on anything. I think that they really do not lower ground clearance that much. Due to the shape and location they just don't get hung up.

After installing a set of aftermarket radius arms, I don’t need these anymore.

1 set of Eimkeith RAM’s
$80 shipped
PM for details

Edit - SOLD

Last edited:
I think you will continue to be impressed. I have yet to drag my RAM mounts on anything. I think that they really do not lower ground clearance that much. Due to the shape and location they just don't get hung up.
I definitely hit them in sand hollow. You’re right though, I didn’t even get close to getting beached on them. They’re in a good spot and you kind of just slide off. They might be my favorite thing on the 80 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom