*UPDATED* Eimkeith RAM (radius arm mount) install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

should be 3.45 degrees if my maths are right (it's just geometry, after all, right?)

I believe it

I started at 1ish. I figure after an additional 30mm of lift I would have been sitting at -2. After today's alignment I am currently at 4+. That is a 6+ difference overall.

I doubt the ka ka poo poo icon bushings provided more than 2 or 3 degrees of correction at most.

The biggest difference in driveability I have ever experienced after lifting an 80 was with these RAM mounts. And I have had before and after experience with OME bushings, icon 4.6 bushings, and 3° trunion bearings.

You’ve packed tons of detailed info into this thread. And those welds look solid to me.

If one wanted to use these weld on mounts and not move the axle forward, is there material that can be removed to rotate the hole under the existing hole or only move it forward 10mm or so? It looks like it. For the price of these it is not worth making them, @eimkeith has done all the design and leg work.

Thanks

If one wanted to use these weld on mounts and not move the axle forward, is there material that can be removed to rotate the hole under the existing hole or only move it forward 10mm or so? It looks like it. For the price of these it is not worth making them, @eimkeith has done all the design and leg work.

Thanks
First I got to ask, why not push the axle forward. This helps with clearing bigger tires and also improves the handling of the truck with bigger tires.

That being said, I think if you really want to you could probably order them. Plug the new hole with a piece of 1/4" stock and weld them closed. Than you could re-drill the mounts to your liking.

I am only looking to run a 33-35" tire. I would rather drop the arm than install bushings, geometry works better. I have installed the MAF drop brackets and thought they work good. I know 4plus made them back in the day, They are beefy. I still want the "smaller" tire centered in the wheel well. This build will not see much off-road use. I am looking for on-road handling.

If I were to weld the hole, I would just make my own... just saying.

I am only looking to run a 33-35" tire. I would rather drop the arm than install bushings, geometry works better. I have installed the MAF drop brackets and thought they work good. I know 4plus made them back in the day, They are beefy. I still want the "smaller" tire centered in the wheel well. This build will not see much off-road use. I am looking for on-road handling.

If I were to weld the hole, I would just make my own... just saying.

Well I have 3" of lift on my rig with 315's. These brackets finally cured my rubbing and the tires look more centered after these RAM mounts than before.

Also, welding the hole and re drilling would be much less work than trying to fabricate an entire new drop bracket of this quality.

Goodluck

I love my part time kit

Thank you @leonard_nemoy for an excellent post with the right amount of "objective" details, along with subjective impressions. Well done my good man!

I, for one, love the fact that we can toss our caster plates and stop pre-loading the front radius arm bushings with this thing. Which is surely going to extend the longevity of the bushings. Additionally, the front coil springs are not curved due to a lift, so they will no longer scrape on the front axle bump stops that are located inside the coil springs. It's a win-win.

Keith makes superb products with attention to details. Basically, he is an neurotic as most of us on this board. I have his rear panhard rod correction bracket for my 4th gen and it's designed real well.

Thank you @leonard_nemoy for an excellent post with the right amount of "objective" details, along with subjective impressions. Well done my good man!

No problem, just trying to give back to this awesome community.

I agree, his products kick butt.

Wanna build me one that moves the axle 2.5” forward and the hole is 2” lower?

Ya I’m serious. Right now the plan is to cut the whole bracket off and build a new one, which I’m ok with. I’d be adding some gusseting onto a mount that extended out that much further if it was built anyways

Wanna build me one that moves the axle 2.5” forward and the hole is 2” lower?

Ya I’m serious. Right now the plan is to cut the whole bracket off and build a new one, which I’m ok with. I’d be adding some gusseting onto a mount that extended out that much further if it was built anyways
Send it

Hahah. For “Eim Keith”

Gotta clear these things:

48A10FF6-6FA5-495E-96EF-30096FD654C2.jpeg

I bought a set about 10 days back and i received them a few days a go. Quite impressed with the turn round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom