STOLEN >>UPDATE<< Stolen FJ40 and FJ45 - Ca central valley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pjohnson

SILVER Star
Threads
<<UPDATE>>
The FJ45 was recovered 2/8/21. It was intact and unmolested. It was found at a tweaker house in Grayson, Ca. :) :bounce: :cool::bounce:

The FJ40 is still out there and now we know that it is very likely still in Norcal.

Please keep an eye out as it will show up somewhere, sooner or later.

More details on the FJ40:
The roll bar, bezel, hood latches and center console are metallic blue. It has a Marlin Toybox in it with a cross member under it. It has a Iron Pig Off-road skid plate. Rancho 9000 shocks, white in front, silver in back. The SOA was done old school from back before anybody sold kits. It has a Mudrak York mount on the 2f. ARB in both diffs. Air tank under the rear. Rear disk with FZJ80 master. Sliders that are designed to look like oem steps.

---------------------------------------------------------
I am beyond depressed having to write this post...

Last weekend (April 4-5) thieves cleaned out a building where my 1966 FJ45 LPB and my 1973 FJ40 were stored. They took everything in the building both vehicles, a large pile of parts, two trailers, a tractor, tools, etc.

The location was Gustine Ca., near Los Banos in the central valley. The theft wasn't discovered until yesterday.

Please put the word out. As you all know, FJ45s are rare vehicles and I have no idea if the thieves even knew what took. It was not running and waiting for it's restoration day.

Please contact me directly by PM or text at 408, 406, 9629 if you hear of anything. I am incredibly bummed :frown:

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear about this!

In these days of technology overload it doesn't seem like you can take a piss on the side of the road without a camera catching it somehow.

Couple things to consider:
  • What about security cameras in, or on the building that was broken into?
  • Security cameras on neighboring buildings or houses in the area that may have captured them driving away. Even neighboring houses with RING doorbells can offer some help. Knock on doors and ask if needed.
  • Maybe check with someone for traffic camera footage from the area and the closest on ramps to highways?
  • Was there insurance on the contents of the building?
  • Please do share the VIN#s so we can help watch for anything.
  • Can you post pics of the parts that were taken so we can watch for those.
  • Can you tell us more about how the break in happened? Was it through a window, roof, etc.....or does it look like they had a key.
  • What about other thefts in the area?
  • Were there other people storing stuff in the building and did they have access?
  • Has there been any contractors working on the building?
  • Get pictures of what was taken, over to the local scrapyards.
  • Get pictures of what was taken, over to the local pawn shops for the tools, etc.
  • Someone had to see or capture something unless the building was in the middle of nowhere.
Lots of stuff I know but this is what I would be looking at. Hope something here will yield some good results. Keep us updated on progress!

Best Regards,
Drake

Last edited:
Here are the plates and VINs for both vehicles:
1973 FJ40 Landcruiser
CA License RCKCRZR – VIN - FJ40165970

1966 FJ45 Landcruiser Longbed Pickup
CA License 1K95824 – VIN - FJ4521956

Bump for update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom