Unobtainable parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Transmission

Found....maybe.

IMG_2187.jpg

One thing for sure. The list will keep growing!

Trim pieces are first to go as most, only so many made during production years of the 100 series platform.

Some mechanical parts were also only made during production years. This likely includes cranks, cams, valves, blocks and heads. Luckily we don't have much call for those, in the million mile engine.

Some like radiators, water pumps, thermostats, T-belts, FDS (CV), brake master, bearings, etc., which are considered maintenance items and have high demand. Are still made and likely will be for a very long time, since many 100 series are still on the road. These are third party manufactured for Toyota, from the likes of Aisin, Denso, Timken, Koyo and other manufactures.

A part (component) that was concerning me the most, was brake master. Some of the earlier years were not available, until earlier this year. When suddenly all years became available again.

One part (component) of current concern is fuse box. Which we've not had 98-99 available for a few years now. Someone said we can use 2000, IDK!

Some parts are common to many Toyota/Lexus. Which those are typically stock at Dealerships and still in production.

Just as with 40, 60, 80's. The used parts market becomes more and more valuable.

interestingly , the price of the Brake Boosters has gone way down recently. I remember they were like $2 Grand for one a couple of years ago, I got one to keep as a spare (during the big sale in March for around ~$1k)

A beautiful, intelligent, empathetic partner that encourages the need to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a 20 plus year old sweet ride that makes us happy. Usually, the first to disappear from the list. Toyota doesn't even offer it on the Heritage wish list. 😢 Also, radiators have been weird. Sometimes you can get an OE spec or Mexican spec other times nothing, or only a "Servicerite" aftermarket crap radiator.

I'm slowly replacing all the weather stripping. Without a fleet big enough to encourage aftermarket products, I expect those are going to get harder to find.

interestingly , the price of the Brake Boosters has gone way down recently. I remember they were like $2 Grand for one a couple of years ago, I got one to keep as a spare (during the big sale in March for around ~$1k)
I was playing with this idea, I think I will as well. Where did you find a sale on Toyota OEM parts?

One part (component) of current concern is fuse box. Which we've not had 98-99 available for a few years now. Someone said we can use 2000, IDK!
The 2000-2002 MY fuse box works with all previous years 100s. The VSC/ATRAC circuit will just be blank on a 98-99, which doesn't affect anything. Toyota even specs it for 1999-2002 now, whereas it used to be 2000-2002 only.

fusebox.JPG

The 2000-2002 MY fuse box works with all previous years 100s. The VSC/ATRAC circuit will just be blank on a 98-99, which doesn't affect anything. Toyota even specs it for 1999-2002 now, whereas it used to be 2000-2002 only.

View attachment 3094947
Great info. THX!

part number 1350150060

Passenger side camshaft vvt engine. Mine broke when mechanic replaced a seal. Found an engine rebuilder that had a used one and it was more than a new one….would have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom