Um Yeah....It Was Just A Matter Of Time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No offense, but why?

You already have two Cherokees. Not that there's anything wrong with a 60, just curious why you'd buy another rig when you haven't finished all your plans on the Xj.

Sean

Well, the XJ is getting axles...then after that I'll start on the exo. The only other thing I would want to do to the XJ is replace the engine.

The other XJ is going away cause it's so far from anything I want now that it would take too much to make it useable. I thought of a "Jeep Speed" thing for it, but again...there is so much to have to do to it...it isn't worth it.

This 60 will be the long distance rig...and will let me go further towards delegating the XJ as just a crawler. I really didn't want to be driving the XJ 100 miles or more after it had the axles, exo, and still running stock drivetrain. I hated the fact that I didn't feel comfortable driving the XJ very long distances...for instance to the rim for a snow run or Moab or Baja..ya know what I mean. I plan on throwing a 350/700 combo into this 60 and make it a reliable runner to be able to do these things with.

Literally...all this 60 needs is a motor and it will be a driver, but knowing me, I won't just do that...I'll want it just right and overbuilt before I call it "done" :)

And another reason I decided to pick it up was cause it only cost me $126. :D Ohhh...did I forget to mention that? ;p

Well, for $126....you can't go wrong. :)

Sean

No... you really can't can you? I've known about this rig for quite some time and when the price dropped to a hundred bucks and a case of Pacifico I had to get it into the family. John and I had discussed building the other Cherokee into a solid camping/expedition rig so I knew he was looking at building another truck other than the woody. I also figured it was a good way to start the turn to the darkside for him.:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom