UC chat (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted to go to sassafras but we assumed 178 was too bad to try it. I am supposed to work tonight as well.

Pretty sure I grenaded the front diff on the 100 trying to get up Sassafras. Knew I should have took the 80.

Pretty sure I grenaded the front diff on the 100 trying to get up Sassafras. Knew I should have took the 80.
That stinks! Yeah, it was slippery.

390089AE-71A1-4B40-8ABA-8C3305727430.jpeg

Well my group decided to go to Hendersonville. We all the way up 25 to the big grade and cops are turning everyone around. Several big rigs couldn't get up the hill and the cops wouldn't let us go around. Hwy 11 was a wreck! Trees down everywhere.

We went up Geer Hwy to Caesars Head. Close to a foot of snow on top...Hwy 11 was definitely a wreck with all the downed trees.

Last edited:
We went up Geer Hwy to Ceasars Head. Close to a foot of snow on top...Hwy 11 was definitely a wreck with all the downed trees.
I drove 11 from 178 to Boiling Springs after the Sassafras attempt and it got dark in a hurry. Got to use my roofrack long range lights to keep from running into the trees that were still all over. Worked great overall but they light up the street signs so much it hurt. :steer:

I had two Toyotas. A 2004 Tacoma and the 97 FZJ80.
I sold both when I transfered to Germany. Two of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. I am back for a year and half and still Toyotaless.

To be fair to myself... No to simply lie to myself to make the hurt stop, I rationalize that the 80 wasn't powerful enough for future needs and plans for travel with a LC.

I see the error of my ways now. These folks squeezed 2000 hp out of their F1Z. I could have lived with less than a quarter of that.

https://jalopnik.com/this-2000-horsepower-toyota-straight-six-has-nothing-to-1831024926

Rumor is that Sierra Nevada is having a relief concert to support the Chico, CA (their home base) area in response to the fires. Resilience Relief Party at Sierra Nevada

If you didn't keep up, here are some pics that made rounds. Beyond property damage, loss of life is currently at a known 86 souls.

From Sierra Nevada's Chico brewary. Posted by @jvalex in this thead. https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/what-the-camp-fire-in-ca-means-to-the-toyota-4x4-community.1102600/
fb_img_1541798212949-jpg.1827844

Mud member, listed in same thread.
20181206_113833-jpg.1848334

This is the truck that Toyota replaced after the owner helped rescue people.
upload_2018-12-14_12-41-21.png

I had two Toyotas. A 2004 Tacoma and the 97 FZJ80.
I sold both when I transfered to Germany. Two of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. I am back for a year and half and still Toyotaless.

To be fair to myself... No to simply lie to myself to make the hurt stop, I rationalize that the 80 wasn't powerful enough for future needs and plans for travel with a LC.

I see the error of my ways now. These folks squeezed 2000 hp out of their F1Z. I could have lived with less than a quarter of that.

https://jalopnik.com/this-2000-horsepower-toyota-straight-six-has-nothing-to-1831024926

@Kajun, glad you are back on this side of the pond. In reference to your comment about being Toyotaless..... The last time I saw you, on trash pick up at Jones Gap you said... "I will be in Germany for a couple years and when I get back, I'm gonna get a 200 series." :slap: :grinpimp: Just do it!

@Kajun, glad you are back on this side of the pond. In reference to your comment about being Toyotaless..... The last time I saw you, on trash pick up at Jones Gap you said... "I will be in Germany for a couple years and when I get back, I'm gonna get a 200 series." :slap: :grinpimp: Just do it!
If it were only that easy. At one point, I thought I had the better half sold on a 200. She wasn’t sure about the size and wanted captains chairs in the second row.
I arranged a test drive for her in the LX. She was okay with the size after that, but the seats were a deal breaker.
It would have been her vehicle cause she’s not working until after the first of the new year and I put all my miles on a company car.
In short; we now own a Honda Pilot. Great car but I’m not pulling a trailer with a V6, so the crystal ball is still giving a picture of a 200.
The 200 timeline is pushed out but I’ve been looking really hard.
Though now that I’ve seen this video I’d like to know how much hp a stock 80 driveline could endure.

GX460 = baby 200. Go drive one

Haha, someone at work said they would be offering this service.

Does anyone stateside make/sell something like this for an 80? These are the rear bumpers they are running on the Hilux and DMax trucks on 4wd Action (in Australia). It looks like a great design for armor with the least amount of weight. Even if there was a US distributor, they don't list an 80 for this model.

jack%20rear%20bar%20specification.jpg

My mom found this at old navy.

20181225_212236.jpg

Anyone have a 54mm socket for wheel bearings I can borrow? I refuse to spend $40 on amazon. I can order one for $14, but I expect shipping will take longer than I want to wait.

I have developed a noise in my front end. While turning the noise goes away on one side. I jacked the front end up and noticed some play on the wheels with my hands at 6 and 12. I am not sure when the last time my wheel bearings were repacked, but I am sure it is time. I may as well change them at this point. I am going to attempt to order the parts to be delivered in time to tackle the job next weekend.

Anyone have a 54mm socket for wheel bearings I can borrow? I refuse to spend $40 on amazon. I can order one for $14, but I expect shipping will take longer than I want to wait.

I have developed a noise in my front end. While turning the noise goes away on one side. I jacked the front end up and noticed some play on the wheels with my hands at 6 and 12. I am not sure when the last time my wheel bearings were repacked, but I am sure it is time. I may as well change them at this point. I am going to attempt to order the parts to be delivered in time to tackle the job next weekend.
Loaner tools :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom