UC chat (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was sold in Simpsonville...could have been someone passing through

Actually it was some who works...worked at ZF Transmission. Wondering if @IcutYourCruiser knew him. Rumor is he drove to work that morning just to quit his job....wonder if he quit the way most people fantasize about quitting their jobs if only they won the lottery some day.

I have acquired approximately 48 FORTY EIGHT....12 gallon totes of new and used land cruiser parts.. and MANY more parts not in totes..many with labels from Toyota as well as 29 doors.. 80, 62, 60 and 55 series.. 2 40 series..(a few complete, most are 75%) .lots of loose parts too that would not fit in totes.. think 80 and 62 series tie rods... 60 valance with headlight sprayers, 55 front end parts, seats, non usa wheels, birfields with axles attached, rear axles, etc

I also acquired slightly less quantity Land Rover parts.. but similar in quality.. used and new.. nothing big. But a decent amount of NEW YRM sheet metal parts

Anyone here interested or know anyone in buying ALL of one make specific lot in one purchase??? lower than wholesale pricing... example.. if a part retails for $100, I am selling for $30-$40...if a part retails for $600 stripped on 3 websites I am asking $300 at 80%.. (stripped door shell sells for $600... I am asking $300 for complete door without interior panel, comes with glass and all guts/handles and trim..)

If I cannot sell the parts soon as one (for each manufacturer) lot, I will offer it on Ebay in smaller lots and if that does not sell, I will set up a web page selling off boxes or individual parts, and post something here.

Pics on request.

I'd check with resto houses like proffitts, land cruiser company, etc. I bet they would have interest.

Last edited:
Good to know nothing gets past y'all... I realize there are all sorts of custom shenanigans happening across the country/ world (especially in CA) but its exciting to know this is happening close by.

I am sure @Trollhole has done quite a few frame off resto and LS swaps but the 80 chassis swap is an interesting one...

One more question:

For non-LC items for sale, can I drop them into the clubhouse "For Sale/ To Buy" thread? or should I take my garbage elsewhere?

Good to know nothing gets past y'all... I realize there are all sorts of custom shenanigans happening across the country/ world (especially in CA) but its exciting to know this is happening close by.

I am sure @Trollhole has done quite a few frame off resto and LS swaps but the 80 chassis swap is an interesting one...

That was a nice build though. No doubt Trollhole has/can do it too, I just didn't have a thread handy. :)
One more question:

For non-LC items for sale, can I drop them into the clubhouse "For Sale/ To Buy" thread? or should I take my garbage elsewhere?
Depends how good a deal it is. I consider anything directly Cruiser related, or at least relevant to 4wd/offroad/camping/etc. to be valid.

Hey guys, does anyone have some day passes for Overland Expo laying around that you’re not using tomorrow that I can buy off ya?

Anybody heading out today?

I'm definitely going to drive around for a few minutes, but my wife won't let me stay out long :meh:
I need to go to the grocery store. Wink, wink.

Let me know if you want to patrol upstate east.

I wish I had time to make it up there. Would take me most of the day to get there as there is snow in NE GA all the way there

Well my group decided to go to Hendersonville. We all the way up 25 to the big grade and cops are turning everyone around. Several big rigs couldn't get up the hill and the cops wouldn't let us go around. Hwy 11 was a wreck! Trees down everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom