Tx inspection for 83 fj60 desmog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

t-o

Threads
Hey guys! Just wondering if there are any gotcha's getting an 83 FJ60 inspected if its been de-smogged. It is stock 2F except has a Holley carb and headers. Manual choke works fine.

Ttruck has New Mexico plates. I'm getting it inspected/registered here in beautiful Hays county TX. No tailpipe sniffer in hays.

I haven't ever had a problem with the 75 40, but wondering if there are different expectations for an 83?? I read the txdot website regs, still not entirely sure what to expect.

Thanks!! Tim

Tim,

I've taken my 83 fj60 to Danny in Manchaca on 1626 at the RR tracks. Other than typical inspections stuff, he'll look under the hood to checks belts, but that is about it. I beleive you and I were talking about him last time at Hidden Falls. He's a really nice guy.

Luis

Last edited:
Vehicles 25 years and older don't have to pass emission testing, regardless of what county they are tested in.

Great, I'll take it to Danny. He's in Travis county, but sounds like county and age is a nonissue for me.

Luis, ever been to the moon tower saloon on manchaca? I've been eye- ing it for a south side cruiser hangout, maybe some Saturday afternoon.

Thanks guys for the help! Tim

Luis, ever been to the moon tower saloon on manchaca? I've been eye- ing it for a south side cruiser hangout, maybe some Saturday afternoon.

Thanks guys for the help! Tim

Tim,

Haven't been there yet. it looks like it is usually packed on weekend evenings. I would like to check it out. Let me know, maybe some other Cruiserheads will venture south to the land of milk and honey.

Luis

Do they actually have a moon tower there?

davegonz said:
Do they actually have a moon tower there?

I dont know!! Will have to find out.

In other news... It passed! Another tank back on the road, watch out.

image-1933917437.jpg

That's a pretty 60. South Side Cruiser hangout... Hmmm...

Ahh, so you were the guy that bought that 60. I had an appt time with the seller, but he cancelled on me the night before stating his wife sold it that day. Nice score!

Nice truck Tim...

Ahh, so you were the guy that bought that 60. I had an appt time with the seller, but he cancelled on me the night before stating his wife sold it that day. Nice score!

Hmmmm.... Where have I heard that kind of story before? :rolleyes: :grinpimp:

I snuck in under cover of darkness -- we were loading up at 11pm. seller was a cool dude, clocked 378k on the 60 over west us and Mexico doing geography studies. Turned out we had worked with people in common.

60 needed some work to get it running and on the road. My goal is to use it for kayak fishing a few times and also get it on a river study. Way more fun than taking the dodge.

Looking for mild lift springs if any one has some collecting dust!!

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom