Anyone done a Texas inspection recently? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Back when I had this in the grill of my 40, I took it in for an inspection at Jiffy Lube. The guy came out and exclaimed "I never knew Chevy made a Jeep!".

I guess that's why he was a Jiffy Lube "mechanic". ;)

View attachment 3459129
To be honest, the upside down bezel is the thing that caught me. I’m guessing you have an SBC or something in there?

Yes.... at the end of Dec for my 1977 FJ40....
I think I know the next question

No emissions for my 1980 in Travis Co. just a $7 safety check and I was out the door paper in hand.

no emissions check for any of:
  • 1974 FJ55
  • 1976 FJ40
  • 1988 FJ62
  • 1997 LX450 (diesel swapped)
They do check the wife's 2008 BMW Z4 and the 2011 Taco. Travis Co, Central Austin.

only if your vehicle is 24 years old, or younger, and not diesel.

Correct. In TravCo and WilCo, not Hays.

"Gasoline vehicles between the ages of two and 24 years old, or upon the expiration of a vehicle’s initial two-year inspection sticker, must have an emissions test."

Texas removed mandatory vehicle safety inspections. Do I still need an emissions test? - https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-removed-mandatory-vehicle-safety-inspections-do-i-still-need-an-emissions-test/

1997 T100 and 2012 ST1300 are not emission or even OBD checked. It changed for Truck last year. They cost me 7 or 8 bucks. The 2009 Infiniti and 2016 LC get the OBD check. Williamson county.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom