TX (Spicewood) Pls keep an eye out for my STOLEN 40- UPDATE-LOCATED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Austin TX area, by way of the Outer Banks of NC
Website
www.nooktinyhomes.com
Gents,

I had the infuriating discovery just now that a project 40 of mine was taken over the holiday weekend from next to our shop in Spicewood.
Looks like it was hooked up and hailed away.

Landlord said they didn’t have it removed, and I’m going to see about getting video from adjacent owners security cams tomorrow.

It wasn’t a looker but body and tub were solid.
It was a Frankenstein in terms of parts but was preparing to move it into garage to start working on it.
‘71 3spd on tree. Transfer case and tranny were in bed along with the bibs.

Thanks in advance for any eyeballs you all might have.

IMG_1631.jpeg
IMG_1633.jpeg

Oh hell no…

On the lookout.

That’s all kinds of wrong.

Sorry to hear, will keep eye out

Looks like a few well placed calls and messages and it looks like it’s resolved.

I reached out to all of our adjacent business owners and let them know that a rapid return with no questions asked would be smart, but once footage was reviewed and PD called tomorrow during business hours it would be out of my hands.

Turns out an adjacent business’ employee thought it was “being scrapped” (apparently). 🧐

Working on getting it returned now.

Great news

Glad it’s being resolved, but still.

I’ve only been here for 26 years and would never call myself a Texan out of respect for actual Texans, but one of the things I love about Texas is the innate trust. I hope that never goes away, if it does, I guess we’ve run out of ammo.

Glad it’s being resolved, but still.

I’ve only been here for 26 years and would never call myself a Texan out of respect for actual Texans, but one of the things I love about Texas is the innate trust. I hope that never goes away, if it does, I guess we’ve run out of ammo.
Well said.

There’s a lot of gaps in its unannounced departure that I’m going to get filled in promptly.

A “I meant to text you” doesn’t quite suffice for me.

I wouldn’t dare pick up a 40 (or any property) that wasn’t mine without damn sure ensuring I had a documented green light to do so.

There certainly seems to be some answering that needs to happen.

There are a few things that you don’t mess with:
- a man’s hat
- a man’s food
- a man’s lady

- and If this man is fortunate enough to have one, his Land Cruiser.

Man, that tow bar bracket is skookum as hell. I just have a grade 8 bolt through the bumper on both sides. Your way looks safer. : )

Very happy you got your FJ back. Sorry you had to go through all that.

Looks like a few well placed calls and messages and it looks like it’s resolved.

I reached out to all of our adjacent business owners and let them know that a rapid return with no questions asked would be smart, but once footage was reviewed and PD called tomorrow during business hours it would be out of my hands.

Turns out an adjacent business’ employee thought it was “being scrapped” (apparently). 🧐

Working on getting it returned now.
I cannot fathom touching another man's property without talking to them first. Especially a vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom