TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sleepy - If you are trying to use 6-lug wheels on a 5-lug hub, you can get a spacer adapter.

If you are concerned about weight, you would want to look at the whole system, hubs and axles and any torsion bar.

Ghost in the forum double post

Last edited:
Sleepy - If you are trying to use 6-lug wheels on a 5-lug hub, you can get a spacer adapter.

If you are concerned about weight, you would want to look at the whole system, hubs and axles and any torsion bar.

Weird....replied to this but it disappeared. Anywho!

555LB1E-IPS

The 5 lug hubs on the trailer are too small for my 5 lug Toyota wheels. Will that link work with what I need? Do I need anything else? So basically I just swap out the hubs/bearings?

Take a second and think about this @sleepycruiser . Your UZJ100 has a 5x150 bolt pattern, assuming that's what you mean by "5 lug toyota wheels". No, 5x5.5 bolt pattern hubs will not work for you. Very unlikely that anyone sells a bolt-on trailer hub for a 5x150 bolt pattern.

Step 1. Figure out what bolt pattern the axle has.
Step 2. Search for an adapter that will adapt from that pattern to 5x150.

Here is an example.
5X5 OR 5X5.5 TO 5X150 WHEEL ADAPTERS 1.5 INCH THICK 14X1.5 STUDS BILLET WHEEL SPACERS

Take a second and think about this @sleepycruiser . Your UZJ100 has a 5x150 bolt pattern, assuming that's what you mean by "5 lug toyota wheels". No, 5x5.5 bolt pattern hubs will not work for you. Very unlikely that anyone sells a bolt-on trailer hub for a 5x150 bolt pattern.

Step 1. Figure out what bolt pattern the axle has.
Step 2. Search for an adapter that will adapt from that pattern to 5x150.

Here is an example.
5X5 OR 5X5.5 TO 5X150 WHEEL ADAPTERS 1.5 INCH THICK 14X1.5 STUDS BILLET WHEEL SPACERS

After measuring, it appears the trailer is 5x4.5”.

5X4.5 OR 5X4.75 TO 5X150 WHEEL ADAPTERS 1.25 INCH THICK 14X1.5 STUDS BILLET WHEEL SPACERS

If you do go the spacer route on the trailer, get a hex key (allen key) socket adapter so that you can use a torque wrench to tighten the inner bolts... A long handled allen key with a strong dude turning it isn't enough to keep them from coming off.

Ask me how I know, and I can show you the scratches on the underside of the trailer from when the wheel came off at 35 mph or so....

HCC18_prep_update_4

Fabbed up and welded on some super heavy duty bracket legs to make my old school cj5-7ish tuffy/smutty console fit in my sixty. These legs are overkill but that’s what I had in my garage, very secure, comfortable height and position.

Man it was challenging to drill four holes in the exact position of the four holes in the tub bracket that was covered by sound deadened..

Don’t worry about the screws being slightly exposed, it took me over an hr to get them in due to awkward angles, and minimal access.

F22B01C5-899C-44A8-9804-F5516D6C2EFD.jpeg

D29E13D2-C345-46A7-B1B3-7117857F551B.jpeg

BC629006-A0EB-42CD-8805-6195F566950D.jpeg

If you do go the spacer route on the trailer, get a hex key (allen key) socket adapter so that you can use a torque wrench to tighten the inner bolts... A long handled allen key with a strong dude turning it isn't enough to keep them from coming off.

Ask me how I know, and I can show you the scratches on the underside of the trailer from when the wheel came off at 35 mph or so....

So basically all I need are the correct spacer adapters? Take the wheels off of the trailer, put the spacer on the trailer hub, put Toyota wheels back on? Anything else?

@jamesurq Do you have a link to what you are referring to?

Just to be clear, I'm not recommending that hex key set, was just showing you what one is.

You'll wanna figure out what size hex head it uses before you buy one. And yes, your synopsis is correct. Add spacers, tighten, add Toyota wheels... done.

You've added 3" of width to the trailer assuming the different backspacing of your Toyota wheels doesn't reduce or increase that. Also, if the tire is taller/wider you'll want to make sure it's not rubbing.

Just to be clear, I'm not recommending that hex key set, was just showing you what one is.

You'll wanna figure out what size hex head it uses before you buy one. And yes, your synopsis is correct. Add spacers, tighten, add Toyota wheels... done.

You've added 3" of width to the trailer assuming the different backspacing of your Toyota wheels doesn't reduce or increase that. Also, if the tire is taller/wider you'll want to make sure it's not rubbing.

Found some spacers for cheap...they are the 1.25 width.....any idea what the stud length is on small trailers?

Found some spacers for cheap...they are the 1.25 width.....any idea what the stud length is on small trailers?

They are counter sunk - should be fine - issue can be they are too long, but 1.25 is a forgiving size.

They are counter sunk - should be fine - issue can be they are too long, but 1.25 is a forgiving size.

That is what I was thinking....and a trailer should have smaller studs...I would think.

Does anyone have a 2f motor on a stand? I’d like to test fit something and get some measurements.

They seem to get decent reviews for what they are... I wouldn't go in expecting it to be a dewalt, bosch or milwaukee though.

But that's a good rule of thumb for most HF tools. :cheers:

Pulling parts with the new assistant

4CA29910-BF30-40E6-822F-DB27ABBE4DC3.jpeg

How in the world does a 2f fan shroud come off. Looks like fan first but thats a tiny blind window.

Pulling parts with the new assistant

View attachment 1747836

How in the world does a 2f fan shroud come off. Looks like fan first but thats a tiny blind window.

So cute!

On a 60, the fan clutch comes off the water pump first. With that gone, you can remove the bolts that attach the shroud to the radiator and pull the shroud out.

Alternately, if you're pulling the radiator, unbolt the shroud from the radiator first, flop it up against the engine, disconnect the radiator and pull it out the top. Once gone, you will be able to pull the shroud out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom