TWT —-The Wrenching Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@NC LX what did those seats set you back? Just curious. Got word of the Amish upholstery folks when I bought my LX a few weeks ago. I was told about $500~ for fronts and center console, which is all I need right now. That plaid looks sick as heck!!!

@NC LX what did those seats set you back? Just curious. Got word of the Amish upholstery folks when I bought my LX a few weeks ago. I was told about $500~ for fronts and center console, which is all I need right now. That plaid looks sick as heck!!!
Thanks. He charged 140 a seat. I provided the plaid.

Overhauled the A/C, PHH, and distributor o-ring on this Pristine example. It’s the nicest one I’ve seen yet.

4187AAF0-8903-4E20-9A11-FAF4BC1B10E8.jpeg

Pretty sure I saw that one downtown today. Moonglow?

Havent used 'em, but Rocket City offroad will. They wanted $40 each about a month ago.

4.88s have woken this 80 up! Went from 10 to 15 mpg, got the lower end grunt back, and generally made the thing a joy to drive again. If anyone needs a set of stock 80 4.10 gears, let me know.

4.88s have woken this 80 up! Went from 10 to 15 mpg, got the lower end grunt back, and generally made the thing a joy to drive again. If anyone needs a set of stock 80 4.10 gears, let me know.
Probably helps in town MPG. I would think highway might take a hit.
Should be a nice plus on trails

800 miles, with over half on the highway contributed to that average. I'm not expecting much city help but if it comes then, heck yea, I'll take it!

I’m not sure, the owner had previously purchased and wanted it easily accessible. It’s way over kill for anything he’ll run. No duals but I did run 2ga welding wire to the back from the battery. As long as the alternator can keep up there will be no problem getting power to it.

I recommend a larger battery and cleaned up the connections.

0ECEEA3F-6192-42B8-83FE-2A36FCE9C152.jpeg

Last edited:
Progress. Looking forward to getting the clearance improvement and getting that @#$% tire out of the cabin.

20200720_180242.jpg
20200720_190533.jpg
20200720_190537.jpg
20200720_202209.jpg

TBD. Probably just homebrew sodablast and decent rattle can.

Looks really nice!

...closer...it's tacked up. More fit checks tomorrow, and then hopefully it's time to burn it in. Thus far it's been a worthwhile kit - we'll see what tomorrow brings it.

20200721_204120.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom