Builds Do I have your attention.... I call it VERA. (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha, just popped in & saw the thread title....guess I’m a geek as I seemed to recall when ???? -tried to trade Vera for Capt I-forget-his-name’s new “bride”.

I think it was the gun that made the memory, that was a hilarious scene.

Musta been that marathon of Firefly on some rando channel I get since it’s “indoor season” here unless you have specific plans.

On topic, love the fat 40’s.

If the stars align - I’d love a late 1FZ powertrain & most of frame/axles with a 40 tub on it. I gotta re-buy land before I take on any serious swap projects, and that means a pole building to keep all parts organized.

Mucho jelly of your project :grinpimp:

Haha, just popped in & saw the thread title....guess I’m a geek as I seemed to recall when ???? -tried to trade Vera for Capt I-forget-his-name’s new “bride”.

Musta been that marathon of Firefly on some rando channel I get since it’s “indoor season” here unless you have specific plans.

If the stars align - I’d love a late 1FZ powertrain & most of frame/axles with a 40 tub on it. I gotta re-buy land before I take on any serious swap projects, and that means a pole building to keep all parts organized.

I remember that episode. Kinda hard to forget that episode since Christina Hendricks was the new bride. Damn she is hot.

71Myb-mj1sL._SY450_.jpg

Auto-FF-Hendricks003-3.jpg

I remember that episode. Kinda hard to forget that episode since Christina Hendricks was the new bride. Damn she is hot.

View attachment 1884771

View attachment 1884786
Absolutely. Krazy hot.

Thanks... stay tunded.... my son told me the other day.... "Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

I started a thead over at the Tundra forum section to see if anyone can help on some wires I am trying to chase down.

Help needed

O2 sensor. How can I find one with a longer pigtail?
Probably need about five more inches.... that’s what she said.
48C715D3-A96F-4563-9166-26AE57B0776D.jpeg

On the transmission, The one I have is from a 2000 Land Cruiser part number 35000–60610 it is A343F.

Looking at a 2000 tundra it is part number 35000–34130.

Obviously from the pictures the main plug that goes in the passenger side of the transmission is different. Does anyone know if that can just get swapped?
0F2206D2-0E42-46BC-90D2-1388CD4BD102.jpeg

Tank5 sent me images of his tundra transmission and it has a bracket and control rod going to the passenger side of the tranny. Sorry if this is a stupid question, what is that for as the tranny I have does not have that.
1E8E80DB-843C-4D8B-825D-35F27C2D416F.jpeg
F9895619-B95D-48A2-ABF4-2B2EEABFD517.jpeg

On the transmission, The one I have is from a 2000 Land Cruiser part number 35000–60610 it is A343F.

Looking at a 2000 tundra it is part number 35000–34130.

Obviously from the pictures the main plug that goes in the passenger side of the transmission is different. Does anyone know if that can just get swapped?View attachment 1884857

Tank5 sent me images of his tundra transmission and it has a bracket and control rod going to the passenger side of the tranny. Sorry if this is a stupid question, what is that for as the tranny I have does not have that. View attachment 1884872View attachment 1884870

The transmission from the Tundra isn't an A343F, is it? Wikipedia thinks the Tundra should use the A340F - I can't imagine that the harness and computer you have will run the Cruiser A343F transmission... even with extensive modification, but I could be wrong. You almost certainly won't be able to just re-pin connectors and have that work. I am thinking you will have to have the proper harness and ECM/TCM from the vehicle that the transmission is out of.

Last edited:
The transmission from the Tundra isn't an A343F, is it? Wikipedia thinks the Tundra should use the A340F - I can't imagine that the harness and computer you have will run the Cruiser A343F transmission... even with extensive modification, but I could be wrong. You almost certainly won't be able to just re-pin connectors and have that work. I am thinking you will have to have the proper harness and ECM/TCM from the vehicle that the transmission is out of.

Don't like your answer, but worried you are right. Is there any 2UZ / tranny info sources out there? So little information out there.... @sleeoffroad @beno @cruiserdan Can you point me in a direction?

Anyone know about Rad Designs?

Last edited:
If I recall correctly at least 1 80 series/2U conversion used a 100 Series transmission/transfer and a Tundra ECU and harness. Thereby eliminating the need for a transponder.

So, what is this part called, and what does it do? Is this just the part that tells what gear it is in?

Edit, just found it ... nuetral safety switch. 84540-30270. LC,
84540-30320 Tundra.

First picture is from LC, second from Tundra.

@cjmoon @baldilocks Can I repin these?

0f2206d2-0e42-46bc-90d2-1388cd4bd102-jpeg.1884857
2000000000077890.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT NIGHT OF PROGRESS!! Called a neighbor that I don't know very well that I thought had a tundra. Sure enough has an 04 tundra base model. Grabbed a bottle of liquor and headed to his house to check it out. Got almost all my harness questions answered. Called @tornadoalleycruiser to nail down some other things, but got down to a list of needed items.

To start it, I think we need:

Mass airflow sensor = @Tank5 found this.

Neutral safety switch pinned out and swapped to new 100 series switch. I found wiring diagrams for both and think I can do this with some liquid inspiration.

power steering lines plumbed in circle so we don't burn pump up. Would love to find a way to straighten 10mm hard lines, as I think I could get the existing lines over to the gearbox.

fuel system. I grabbed an 80 tank and it appears same size mount for the 4runner /tundra pump, so swap that in, then figure out temp lines from tank up to front. Think I can use an 100 filter to snap on to the line from engine, then convert to the 80 lines.

alternator wiring. = ordered new pigtail

power to battery. Looks like I should have some sort of fuse at the battery for the line going to the alternator.

bolt flexplate to the torque converter

oil in tranny and engine.

may need brake light switch?? some cars you foot has to be on brake to operate.

would like to figure out the charcoal cannister and lines. Did not get any of this with the vehicle. Looks like tundra lines were up by master cylinder, 4runner were under car????? The unit I saw on the other tundra was as big as battery.... don't think I have that much area to work with, so hope to go back to the 4runner style unit.

here is 4runner cannister, designed to sit sideways, like this under the car, looks like it has two switches on it like the tundra unit.
s-l500.jpg

here is the tundra unit.. notice the sensor or vacuum switch on it.

s-l500.jpg

Have u thought about putting the battery under the floor? Would free up some space.
, Yes, but don't think that I am short space on passenger side engine compartment.

Making progress tonight, first thing was to get the 80 fuel tank set up to use temporarily ... unfortunately I had some residents in the barn. So An eviction notice was filed...
E7ACD53D-2F01-4DD4-BB4B-A0BCC6F68C24.jpeg
6CC3D248-B4CD-4103-9845-107C032496C2.jpeg

Need to find a converter from these quick plastic connections to AN

775D7264-8B6C-42C4-A002-8363188EAF37.jpeg
52AE1811-CE10-4BAE-BFA8-8A94410DF465.jpeg

Then onto figuring out the transmission neutral safety switch pin out. I cannot find a FSm for a 2000 land cruiser to find a wiring diagram for what will be the car's neutral safety switch. I found a 2004 FSM; however it is a different pin out. The Neutral safety switch on it is a 8454034270; however, can't find anything on the webz.

Time to have another drink and see if I can figure it out.....

C71545BB-9BD2-4C14-A357-B74AF4762973.jpeg
5FF325B6-55EE-46A8-9444-EB08C55E3AAB.jpeg
00CA83B0-1689-4EFB-8BA0-0AFD7F5D57BA.jpeg
1ABE0FA2-68DB-43DF-889E-BC8614C0EC08.jpeg

Last edited:
Unfortunately could not find a 2000 Land Cruiser FSM, but was able to test continuity and got everything figured out except for these two lines. Black with a red stripe and black with a white Stripe. They are to go to Pin six and nine. Just not sure which one is which. Anyone out there have a FSM?

So if anyone wants to do this in the future, here’s the pin out. First pic is Using the tundra pin alignment,( see the post above going to this land cruiser plug. I can’t tell which one should be six or which one should be nine, however it appears they just need to have continuity and park and neutral, so took a guess.
EBEEAEB1-4BE7-459C-9DB8-D4A5F5EEE721.jpeg
F7C4E743-B809-42AE-AA0A-7261A06FBC0F.jpeg

Here is the color wires and alignment into the new Land Cruiser plug
F8F6263D-23C7-48AD-BE5E-2ECD2948EEA2.jpeg
04D38905-D4B3-42CE-8A71-496E268EAF44.jpeg
3C323F3C-865A-4D42-808C-F6F7B484E20A.jpeg

Unfortunately could not find a 2000 Land Cruiser FSM, but was able to test continuity and got everything figured out except for these two lines. Black with a red stripe and black with a white Stripe. They are to go to Pin six and nine. Just not sure which one is which. Anyone out there have a FSM?

I have all three FSMs for a 2000 LX470... Not sure if that would work or not.

I have all three FSMs for a 2000 LX470...

I sure would like to see the engine/dash wiring diagrams AND the images of what is what in the engine bay...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom