Turn signal suggestions (Pics) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this might help .

I mounted some led turn signals to my front tube bumper

1680410536068.png

A6381024-8F8D-4652-B5CF-72585ACEB7C8.jpeg

Thanks @ToyotaMatt!

Very slick solution. The jury is still out on the yellow running lights.

Now I just need to find a LED compatible flasher. <— if anyone has recommendations :)

View attachment 3288380View attachment 3288381

WOW ! :D

moments like these don't happen often but when they do it is very very special to me , thank you very much for posting such nice incredible photos ...

- i do understand the topic of the
JDM pure yellow stand-alone running lights perhaps not being everyone's cup of tea ?

- but , after more careful thought and study as to what i would expect from a KIT-FORM end product like these and that topic in
particular

- these were the 4 unique cards i was dealt and had to consider .... :idea:

- i had 4 different paths to choose from in addition to the current one you were sent ,
YELLOW JDM LED :

-
#1 simply mail them out with a outdated technology incandescent filament bulbs i bought in bulk at Advance Auto made in CHINA ?

- #2 install a cool white 8000K LED in the clear lens pod socket ?

- #3 install a usa spec. color amber orange LED in the clear lens pod socket ?

- #4 do not include any bulbs with them at all ?

- #1 simply mail them out with an outdated technology incandescent filament bulbs i bought in bulk at Advance Auto made in CHINA ?

- #2 install a cool white 8000K LED in the clear lens pod socket ?

- #3 install a usa spec. color amber orange LED in the clear lens pod socket ?

- #4 do not include any bulbs with them at all ?

I think most people in NA have never seen this color, and certainly not used in vehicle lighting.

To quote the friend I was hanging out with when installing them: “Whoa, those running lights are a weird color… do you like them?”

Option #3 would’ve been my default choice.

However, I’m not sure it would look good with an orange bubble next to it. Perhaps they wouldn’t contrast enough, and visually “wash out” the indicator?

Personally I think the lights are adding credibility to the idea that my diesel “Hilux” is an import 🤪

Last edited:
Matt, are you selling just the pig tails? I already have the corner lights, but have already been ripped off once buying pigtails from Thailand. I would be happy to assemble as well to save some $$ and you the pain of assembly.

Where'd you find them and how do they mount?
flush mount LED lights from Amazon. The vender and item are not longer on there, but any flush mount LED light should work. I just put a bracket behind the bumper to hold the light in the bumper.

I think most people in NA have never seen this color, and certainly not used in vehicle lighting.

To quote the friend I was hanging out with when installing them: “Whoa, those running lights are a weird color… do you like them?”

Option #3 would’ve been my default choice.

However, I’m not sure it would look good with an orange bubble next to it. Perhaps they wouldn’t contrast enough, and visually “wash out” the indicator?

Personally I think the lights are adding credibility to the idea that my diesel “Hilux” is an import 🤪

I noticed your Amber and the clear / yellow were illuminated at the same time ?

That being said …

I would be happy to mail you out a set of 8000K cool whites in place of the pure yellow ones ..

This is no problem , I would simply Enclose a pre-paid return bubble envelope , for the 2 billit pure yellow ones , they’re not a low price point item , …

You can please PM me to discuss further , as this is TECH. and it should
Stay on that topic

- but ….

Should I glamor shots a set with the 8000K cool
Whites now ?

Let me know if anyone wants to see This now ?

Thanks

Matt, are you selling just the pig tails? I already have the corner lights, but have already been ripped off once buying pigtails from Thailand. I would be happy to assemble as well to save some $$ and you the pain of assembly.

Well ….

- hopefully everyone took note 🗒️ I did not go down the Thailand sockets and wires route !

- that cheeze factor was obvious !

This topic just got way way more intriguing Friday with my regular weekly
Japan stock order for sure !

Please PM me ,

Thanks
Matt

I’d love to see a glamor shot with the pure white bulbs!

PS: I just timed my photo with the hazards on, to show both bulbs on simultaneously.

That thought 💭 crossed my mind for all of 1 metric second ?

And I said no way ?

Guess I guessed wrong 😑

😂

I have some blinker mods in my 2wd pickup. I don't feel the need for led lights for these types of lights mostly because small incandescents don't really draw a lot of power and I have an engine running with an alternator. It's not like I'm in the need of conserving power as if I was running on battery alone. I also like the heat an incandescent bulb gives off to melt snow and ice. Most small led bulbs also tend to give off harsh light in my opinion.
I decided to use the existing turn signals in the bumper for daytime running lights and then use some relays to get them to behave the way I wanted. I filmed a short video to show what it does when the headlights are off and then when they are on.
Anyway, I cut out some bulb sockets and harness from a junkyard toyota, drilled and epoxied it into my housing

blinker1.jpg

I used an orange bulb for the new blinker

blinker2.jpg

Plugs in nicely

blinker3.jpg

Last edited:
i pretty decent update to project LN-NON-USA-FAR-AWAY-LED... :cool:

- i had YAZAKI in japan make me OEM double sockets pigtails ...

-, COOL WHITE will now be the standard in the CLEAR front lens bay ...

- not having to hand make the DOUBLE sockets plugs , allows ne to reduce the final KIT form end product cost too ,.

its all a TEq WIN here .....:grinpimp:

thanks for your support

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom