Turn signal suggestions (Pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for front turn signal opinions/suggestions. I didn’t consider them when building the winch bumper. My “temporary” solution for the past year has been pretty… hillbilly.

Photos:
0861C06A-48AB-40BE-B0B5-A1CA90C78094.jpeg

E14DF4A3-AC03-4CD5-AEAA-9E35F334DE4B.jpeg

FE45CA7B-2CFE-4627-91D5-9B8C73C78F6E.jpeg

I just swapped in a dual element socket and my running lights are now also turn signals. No pics right now as I did it years ago. Plenty of threads and maybe even YouTube videos.

You could also pick up some of these. You can get aftermarket on Ebay. They are not plug and play and you will need to bubba wire them up. The Ebay lights don't have sockets. OEM does.

Right Light-sm.jpg

Parking and turn (1)-sm.jpg

Wow those are damn nice.

Way better than what I came up with but they at least work. The LED lights are from Low Range Off Road. Used the OEM connector from a bad set of front turn signals, wired the LEDs into them so as to not compromise the stock harness. Sure they flash fast because I haven't gotten around to adding a resistor to the lights, but they work. Yes I know you can get an LED flasher but where's the fun in that?

20210422_122149.jpg

20210422_122113.jpg

I’m looking for front turn signal opinions/suggestions. I didn’t consider them when building the winch bumper. My “temporary” solution for the past year has been pretty… hillbilly.

Photos:
View attachment 3238978
View attachment 3238979
View attachment 3238980
Kinda rough but cool
You could also pick up some of these. You can get aftermarket on Ebay. They are not plug and play and you will need to bubba wire them up. The Ebay lights don't have sockets. OEM does.

View attachment 3239413

View attachment 3239414

this is how i would approach this turn signals need .

- oem parts fit form function

- can be wired single or dual Filaments / already a 1157 bulb socket in place

- its a sealed stand alone unit

- its profiles match the period correct thing 100%

- PM me if you like

2D5F8155-629B-4813-B0CF-F6657B3F1132.jpeg
39BFF719-9A76-4C5C-8E23-A64B15EF6FD6.jpeg
78ECC253-43A3-4289-A1E3-011A2428CF64.jpeg

can you get the oe hilux lenses shown above?

Toyota 81620-89153
Toyota 81610-89153

yes ,

but there up there for sure ,

the little sub harness with the 2 sockets is NLA .......fyi

are these a NON USA lamp ?

i think so indeed

Thanks for the responses!

Does someone have a picture of a hilux that came equipped with the lights ToyotaMatt referenced?

I haven’t had any luck on google yet.

Does someone have a picture of a hilux that came equipped with the lights ToyotaMatt referenced?

my recommendation are land cruiser lamps ...

The lights Matt pictured are from a mid-year FJ40. I run them on my 1969.

the little sub harness with the 2 sockets is NLA .......fyi

are these a NON USA lamp ?

i think so indeed
The lights I pictured from Toyota came with the pigtail. It does take come bubba wiring. They are not plug and play. I sourced the necessary connector at the boneyard and made an intermediate pigtail to tie into the existing wiring, without cutting the existing wiring.

The ebay aftermarket equilivant do not come with pigtails/sockets. As I recall, your existing socket can be used on one side, then you need to boneyard the second for the turn signal and wire them in. Or, maybe Matt can source the socket.

View attachment 3239413

View attachment 3239414

Pappy do you have a pic of the back side of these?

I really dig the OEM look of these. And it means no icky Land Cruiser parts (just kidding LOL)

Defin
Kinda rough but cool
Definitely rough but worked at the time with the obviously homemade tube bumper. I just needed something to go blinky blinky in the front.
20210413_113053.jpg

I just swapped in a dual element socket and my running lights are now also turn signals. No pics right now as I did it years ago. Plenty of threads and maybe even YouTube videos.
this.^^^^^^
i used the dual filament out of an extra set of same gen tail lights. also used both sides of the connectors, just depinned n rewired as needed on the body side. no cut n spliced wires, all oem parts
just don't do what i did with the 1st set, bright bulb running light, dim bulb turn signal. on one side of the truck :bang:
i'd post pics but those 3 trucks are long gone. planning on doing the same on my 60 when i fab up the new front bumper

Cut the socket holder off the stock turn signal. Drill a hole in the lower section of the stock corner marker...hole just big enough to fit a bulb. Use seam sealer to glue the socket holder from the turn signal onto the corner marker. Plug the socket in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom