Turbo charging a Sniper'd 2F FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy smokes that's a lot of replies! Love it. Thanks everyone for the insight.

I was scrounging around the yard today and have a bunch of 2L Saab options but came across a Mercedes W123 setup as well. I absolutely love those cars and I started thinking a 3.0L diesel acts a lot more like a 2F and might yield better results. I might pull both and see how one or the other fit together.

Another thought... In pursuing better breathing of the 2F I milled down some FJ62 manifolds. They have worked great with the sniper and I like them a lot but the stock 60 exhaust manifold has better placement for a turbo . I wonder if the improved flow of the 62 manifold would justify the more space consuming and difficult turbo manifold/adapter/J-pipe or if direct mount on the more restrictive 60 manifold would suffice?... Eventually just making my own turbo manifold may just be the way to go...

Still thinking on timing and knock detection. I was planning on tuning conservatively and not requiring a higher dollar efi unit/ additional sensors.

I know NA motors but forced induction has proven to be a very exciting new realm to my cruiser addiction.

Something low boost and easy, like this. ;)

Now you're on the right track

tmp-cam-2315941021633462229.jpg

What I have been thinking about for a while is to make a new exhaust manifold. Said manifold would be stainless and use a one piece flange that incorporates both intake and exhaust ports. Thinking the routing would be like the 62 manifolds. The intake would then bolt onto the top of the exhaust flange. The stock intake could be used but the flanges would be cut off it and new ones welded on so that a full bolt hole would exist. This way it gets rid of the split shared stud deal.

You might consider something similar for a turbo.

So update, i got a hold of a M90 supercharger instead (i'm all over the place I know). Basically I didnt want to make a new exhaust since I just finished a stainless job special fit for the 62 manifolds. If i remove the charcoal canister and AC pump, itll have a happy home right where the (now nonfunctional AC pump) sits. I was thinking of mounting it below the PS pump but those always leak so im not tempting that potential issue. Photos and build post to come in the next few weeks...

I'd remote mount it. it'll get real hot under that hood. Intercooler def. Reach out to Jim C. We talked about this years ago, and while my mind has lost that info, I'm sure he's got it tucked away somewhere.

Awesome. I’m not totally off the reservation. Only thing I’m trying to figure out is how to get a fj60 dizzy to work or should I figure out a electric timing setup that the sniper can control timing.

Checkout Turbo Camaro on youtube. He used the sniper and an HEI distributor controlled by the sniper for his turbo set up. It also appears for lower boost, you don't really need the Super Sniper if you have the USB cord and the PC app, but I haven't looked into it completely yet. This has been my plan for a while too, but stuck at the no time/money Amazon list phase. :cool:

Bumping….

Any recent turbo conclusions? Just doing some light Saturday reading…

My 3F-E has been blown with an Eaton M90, Wolf ECU, LS coil setup for 10 years

My 3F-E has been blown with an Eaton M90, Wolf ECU, LS coil setup for 10 years
I have a 2F, but I have had a 3FE with a H42. Would be interested to hear your performance comments on before and after turbo install

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom