Turbo Bracket? (1 Viewer)

Elbert

SILVER Star
if you were to post a picture of this badge/decal.... then someone probably could tell you exactly what would work..

Yes, there is a bracket needed for both the Diesel and Turbo badges. I would look to our Canadian sister/brothers to find one.

HTH

I will look for a bracket as well. Hopefully the grills are the same. Can anyone confirm?

Images from the googles..

dieselbadge.JPG

turbobadge.JPG

the grilles are not the same between a 60 and a 61/62, but i don't think that would really stop you from putting a trubo badge on a 60

If the bracket doesn't work, you can always make your own or use this handy little reference: http://thistothat.com/

2mbb

SILVER Star
I found this on one of the parts pages. I don't know what year and trim levels offered the turbo, but I'm sure it is a similar thing. You might be better off making a bracket than trying to buy one. It looks pretty easy.

So do you actually have a turbo installed or are you going to be mis-labeling your truck?

Capture.JPG

I found this on one of the parts pages. I don't know what year and trim levels offered the turbo, but I'm sure it is a similar thing. You might be better off making a bracket than trying to buy one. It looks pretty easy.

So do you actually have a turbo installed or are you going to be mis-labeling your truck?

View attachment 943286

Not at the moment. Little items like this are hard to find when you actually want/need them. Its a preemptive strike I suppose.

Will the diesel badges match up with the US grills?

2mbb

SILVER Star
The grill part number seems to be the same for the FJ, HJ and BJ-60. HJ and BJ will have a Diesel badge. However, I can't find the "turbo" badge on the parts diagrams I'm using on line.

Thanks!

I used a sign paint called "One Shot Sign Paint". It comes in half pints for about $15.00 US and is sold at auto paint stores for pin strippers. Easy and lays down nice and smooth with a brush too.

P1090750.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom