Tube mounts for bucket seats - Let's see 'em! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to fabricate new mounts for my front bucket seats, so they'll be more securely anchored to the floor. If you have some pictures, please post them - especially if they tie into the roll cage.

here are a couple of pics from some I built for my brother's cruiser.The drivers seat is a little lower because of the tank on the pass side. They are not tied into the cage but the floor was reinforced quite a bit so I think it will be fine as is .
P2020298.jpg
P2020299.jpg
P2020300.jpg

Oh btw I have a tube shark with a 1" square tube die . I'm sure you could do it with a manual one though.

Simon, what seats are those?

V-DAWG said:
That looks good. How high do the seats sit? Does it feel higher than the stock location?

Just a little higher than stock.Great if your under 6 foot like me.But when you build something custom you can almost put them where ever you want..

mel lowe said:
howa get da tank out?

Well with that particular version you had to pull the cage.There is many ways to do it and still tie it to the cage.But then how often are you pulling your tank out?

what would you need to take the tank out for, had mine for 10 years never touched the tank. thos e are some great pics and giving me some ideas of my own. sweet

mine mounts off the cage and over the tank like taht also...a air chuck (don't ask) fell in the tank, so every time i turn a corner clunkclunkclunkclunk. that's one reason you might want to get to the tank

nuclearlemon said:
mine mounts off the cage and over the tank like taht also...a air chuck (don't ask) fell in the tank, so every time i turn a corner clunkclunkclunkclunk. that's one reason you might want to get to the tank

Or a good reason to get a magnet ;)

Here is mine, simple straight lines. Harnesses are mounted to the seat frame as well.

Last edited:
Timely thread for me. I am thinking I will have the tubes going from a-pillar to b-pillar welded, and have tabs off them to bolt the frame for the seat rails to.
I need to get to the tank to pull the tunnel cover to work on the linkage for the tranny and t-case and pull the tranny. Murphy's law will dictate how soon you need to pull the cage to get at the tank. :D

-Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom