Tube mounts for bucket seats - Let's see 'em!

I want to fabricate new mounts for my front bucket seats, so they'll be more securely anchored to the floor. If you have some pictures, please post them - especially if they tie into the roll cage.

too tall

here are a couple of pics from some I built for my brother's cruiser.The drivers seat is a little lower because of the tank on the pass side. They are not tied into the cage but the floor was reinforced quite a bit so I think it will be fine as is .
P2020298.jpg
P2020299.jpg
P2020300.jpg

too tall

Oh btw I have a tube shark with a 1" square tube die . I'm sure you could do it with a manual one though.

V-DAWG said:
That looks good. How high do the seats sit? Does it feel higher than the stock location?
Just a little higher than stock.Great if your under 6 foot like me.But when you build something custom you can almost put them where ever you want..

nuclearlemon

not an addict

mine mounts off the cage and over the tank like taht also...a air chuck (don't ask) fell in the tank, so every time i turn a corner clunkclunkclunkclunk. that's one reason you might want to get to the tank

nuclearlemon said:
mine mounts off the cage and over the tank like taht also...a air chuck (don't ask) fell in the tank, so every time i turn a corner clunkclunkclunkclunk. that's one reason you might want to get to the tank
Or a good reason to get a magnet ;)

Timely thread for me. I am thinking I will have the tubes going from a-pillar to b-pillar welded, and have tabs off them to bolt the frame for the seat rails to.
I need to get to the tank to pull the tunnel cover to work on the linkage for the tranny and t-case and pull the tranny. Murphy's law will dictate how soon you need to pull the cage to get at the tank. :D

-Dustin

Top Bottom