TTT -- The Tool Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s awesome man! and Rockwell wernt they one of the best back in the day?

Pretty sure my uncle still runs some of these at his machine shop

Rockwell didn't make very large lathes, but from what I understand, they were high quality engine lathes back in the day. Coolest part is that this lathe was made within a couple of years of my Rockwell drill press I got from @Rice a few years ago :D

So plasma table next right?

You're just going to have to wait and see :p

Rockwell didn't make very large lathes, but from what I understand, they were high quality engine lathes back in the day. Coolest part is that this lathe was made within a couple of years of my Rockwell drill press I got from @Rice a few years ago :D

You're just going to have to wait and see :p

That makes sense then they were all about engine repair at his shop.

Ahhh fine....

It would be pretty sweet to have a cheapish used haas lathe see what kind of cool stuff you could make

Now you can get busy making parts for the FJ45 engine...

Courtesy of @S4Cruiser, I have a new toy :D Rockwell 25-100, 11"x36" metalworking lathe!!

7zgKcCo4kZ9QDe4-rf-qh_57J2BtCg5VjEVX3Rdjf2tI37qQof0AZvR5xlVCXHS09YRgKTgPFQr7SkyZpysOUyrHmWCRgTiZxPGzuvGuIqBefXdf-PqB3Fqo0xjtlfslEGzkxBRKRmgJAYsciROTwkuarMe21cYsHCsI3Vt1fCxBy6Ff58grSEuOD5kSoVxIRLkR-mwwqKesRRkdnA0sCrTE5QVEy3p_msCKdsO5ZZGXaOEu4owfamjhVZVr9ZgmFbTx9MPnqHGSZVsXizIFWQ8X59evwO3jyoqJrMl7DqeRJjnusgKxouikYzbzlI50mL_RBtf3UBDqlvdDp8g6DGhNkES3qC6hklyij1bPYk5p2bbpep_bTfyritrBZ-rsdMUat9B7Vr41xihGl60eNdc3FEbLLEwh1pY64y1B1nbGGZfJaRxloRYZfY8IwEbXNjN6YKV8r-4oRiGXr4ibBxqOaNruL1nl2hp6Lxpp7bE098YQxt11BkrsOCfcA1OTp1jBa7nhX9Jl3ATFizycKVvJ9rUk8z7xqp7r-oRbDYJ754RwoMMqGuhw_T4QtgMvOlXx0Yqd5cc-jY6PBXEkU2XgRECtmaGboGZTyaNA=w1278-h948-no
NICE! and just in time. I need to make a new high carbon handle for my vise.

Last edited:
The ones that can't be had here.

I swear I’ve seen some old parts and tools for something like that at work... that’s never used I’ll have to check it out and see if they match maybe it can take the same inserts and centers I use

Can 100% do that. Bring a shaft over to my house and we'll play with it.

EDIT: If memory serves, there are even centers turned in both ends of the shaft, so it'll be SUPER easy to set up and do :D

Sounds like there could be a market in ONSC for a big batch of those. That lathe could pay for itself in no time. LOL

Damn it!
I saw that and was racing to comment, but @jamesurq beat me too.

Round one of cleaning. Vacuumed out many years of gunk and chips. Working on cleaning things and getting it all working properly again.

ZkvWuJ5InZcu6SAxJ5j3RR23XBG_ol2QYpnf9Pe_lQXdE2G182Kr2DTmJA5cezAkQTezTkd1MiG1H4H2zJ0RjOMIsm9OHt2-adVmwJIKQaQWyhTvReadg-D9F4OQb6ad4KfGCeh0avYORAYq7M53ZH952j-njVYFcqSrf3I-DsJ1mYtrhy2Cg3my3948UjgwqgM6ELqkWE1H0vYQ7wIDsvz5MfBvJP8o_713QjTYYm40Cue38jc7G_4rRDSaxVgGtDGdA4c04W129vR85Ae-rtNAYmjHFsX9fHoo4kXM8rIQXOUenwmZ0FzuUfq1bqK0eD6oBDs4NgX2clTqoGPdLtFQU0v9tfebloFF4qORZ-K3kkVIVXYxTtPU_Ibgp5H-OtawkUIiH-htS_LcU65f0M7x4T5zmBO5W-s_rp5fMkvZy6gbnv9zCxiCaEFGO2gXy6VbWFciyOkJ5R7PSgx-k2vieNQivnhEtkDjAdtOOB0cAM6YemHRJYQDLYwOfCzbMl7BqbfzM2Vfxzmz0w34iV9PpCN5UNI2xy9hcoBIu6QOo6aClcGapAEG0eEX_GUw26KrXa6I-CprrHIB0MjNxz98BNhqq8QxM3Z-UNQX=w1278-h948-no

If you need to check the alignment, let me know. I used to set these up.

Can 100% do that. Bring a shaft over to my house and we'll play with it.

EDIT: If memory serves, there are even centers turned in both ends of the shaft, so it'll be SUPER easy to set up and do :D

SUPER JEALOUS...

as for the axle spline cutting you will probably have a lot better results running the part in through the back of the chuck, you’ll have a lot better grab on the axle. And a couple feet of axle spinning around isn’t as bad as it sounds.. let me know if this isn’t clear.

SUPER JEALOUS...

as for the axle spline cutting you will probably have a lot better results running the part in through the back of the chuck, you’ll have a lot better grab on the axle. And a couple feet of axle spinning around isn’t as bad as it sounds.. let me know if this isn’t clear.

That works, absolutely, but turning between centers keeps the part more concentric (assuming machine is aligned properly, which I will verify).

That works, absolutely, but turning between centers keeps the part more concentric (assuming machine is aligned properly, which I will verify).

Maybe theoretically, but in practice not really. It takes a lot to make a big large chuck deflect. I’d rather have more hold on the part...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom