TT Chapter Reports (1 Viewer)

Should Chapter Reports be published in TT?

• Yes they should Continue

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No they should be removed

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I don't care one way or the other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ginericLC

Wagon Wheeler!
Threads
I am collecting some data from TLCA members on some various things in TT and in general on TLCA. The goal is to create an understanding so that improvements can be made.

Should Chapter Reports continue to remain in TT? This is the actual chapter report written by some clubs each month. Not the chapter spotlights.

Oh and this has nothing to do with Todd so don't shoot off random emails blaming him for it. Send all complaints about the poll directly to me.

my vote: remove but add an online portion on the TLCA home page....makes it more personal there, plus it'll drive traffic from NEW members to the clubs, and not just those already in TLCA....

the report from the White Trash of the Elwood Chapter is always entertaining; we read it aloud to each other :grinpimp:

it's kind of nice to know what's going on with the other clubs, but at the same time, we read most of it here anyways.

The other option was to put it online at TLCA org but of course this option came after I already started the poll.

DSRTRDR said:
the report from the White Trash of the Elwood Chapter is always entertaining; we read it aloud to each other :grinpimp:

We should podcast it.

TJK

I hardly ever read any chapter reports other than our own. Most of the events are ancient history by the time they make it into the chapter report anyway. I say cut 'em, and add a place on TLCA.org to let the chapters update their reports in real time. Then Todd can use the pages to publish something more interesting!

wngrog said:
Get rid of them. Other than Kowboys rants they suck.

That was my feeling too. I have to admit I read his report prior to the FJ Cruiser article but it just did open right to that page. I think the online alternative is a good one. I wish I would have put that in the poll.

I guess it all depends upon what they are about. I really don't care about elections in other clubs or the little piddlely stuff they do. I like the chapter spotlights as it lets you see the heart and soul of the club.

I do understand the history part of it. Originally this was each chapters section to report what they were doing. But when all of the chapters were just different counties that made more sense. Because people could actually travel to do something with them if they had something coming up.

I voted to keep them. As a TLCA member without a club close by, and a non running cruiser to join in events, the chapter reports help me make TLCA and its diversified membership more personal. The varied points of view of the events is always interesting, even if some of the info is a little....... stale. Maybe keep them, but only do two or three a issue making it a little easier on the editor?
RickyB

I'd say leave em out... Pre bulletin boards and mailing lists I could see the need to include them in a newsletter. To me they are boring, outdated now adays and the rest of the club reading usually doesn't pertain to me. I think those pages could be better served doing something else.

my .02 if I have it..

I voted to keep them. I read them to see what other clubs are up to. Plus it is an opportunity to publish names and events of members in your club... most folks enjoy seeing their name in Trails very much.

I think the basic question is (and I hate to even breath this)... is Trails the associations newsletter as has been the case... or are external factors forcing it to go beyond that.

I'm afraid it cannot be both successfully.

Oh, this question has come up before.

TRT2 said:
I think the basic question is (and I hate to even breath this)... is Trails the associations newsletter as has been the case... or are external factors forcing it to go beyond that.

Interesting point. It is the association newsletter.

TJK

I vote to keep the chapter reports. We all work hard to keep Trails alive, be it dues or writing articles etc. We (TLCA chapters and the Cruiser community ARE Trails) and that is why it was founded. The chapter reports keep it personal. It gives clubs a professional forum to tell the Cruiser community what's been going on.

The chapter reports give other TLCA chapters ideas for events, including charities and fund raisers. It keeps chapters motivated to keep pursuing new cruiserheads and to come together in the camaraderie of cruisers, beer, and fun.

:cheers:

TRT2 said:
I voted to keep them. I read them to see what other clubs are up to. Plus it is an opportunity to publish names and events of members in your club... most folks enjoy seeing their name in Trails very much.

I'm afraid it cannot be both successfully.

Oh, this question has come up before.

Shoot! I posted earlier today and it didn't make it.

Anyway, what I said was that chapter reports were especially necessary in the early years of TLCA as all of the members were in chapters. Now chapter membership is only about 10% or so. And the chapters are much further apart. I don't mind reading the chapter reports if there is some real content.

But hearing about personal rig projects and who's rig is in front of someone's house does not interest me. I'm more in favor of the ones that provide information. Like we went here and it was neat because and we did this as a club as a community service project and we are planning on doing ..... Club elections really are not important to members that aren't in that chapter, personal projects if they are cool enough should be in a tech write up with photos, I think there needs to be some guidance on what is a good report and what isn't.

This poll wasn't about my personal beliefs. A question was asked and I was seeking input. I think even though only 19 members have given their input it gave me and the group I'm working with the answer we sought. We aren't trying to create controversy just create an understanding of what is important to members so we can react to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom