TT Chapter Reports (1 Viewer)

Should Chapter Reports be published in TT?

• Yes they should Continue

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No they should be removed

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I don't care one way or the other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ditch the Club reports and give Kowboy his own Column...he writes a monthly piece anyway, just feature the ding-dang dag-gum ol' thang.

Garth said:
Ditch the Club reports and give Kowboy his own Column...he writes a monthly piece anyway, just feature the ding-dang dag-gum ol' thang.

Or keep 'em and give Kowboy his own column.

Start a new poll....should Kowboy have to write his own column. 1 vote "yes".

I do enjoy reading them, but would rather see the chapter spotlights continue. Half the time, it's the same clubs every month. It would be cool to see a lot more club involvment when it comes to chapter spotlights. And as Wes said, those few pages could be put to use somewhere else.....

bh4rnnr said:
Half the time, it's the same clubs every month. It would be cool to see a lot more club involvment when it comes to chapter spotlights.

This here's a classic. The Chapter Reports section is available for any and all Chapters to take advantage of ... yet few bother to do so. It's the same Chapters ev'ry issue simply because they're the only ones puttin' forth the effort to submit somethin'. The last few issues, Todd has actually sent out e-mails on bodreps requestin' Chapter's to send in a lil' somethin'. He can't print somethin' that he ain't got Folks. Seems to me Chapters would want to be involved with TT and publicize their activities ... but that's just my opinion.

10% or not ... the Chapter's are the heart and soul of TLCA. They host the events of TLCA ... they provide delegates to the BOD to vote and manage the affairs of TLCA ... they're the majority of the active members of TLCA. Don't take much to throw together a lil' update so the other Chapters .... and the masses of independent members ... know what they're up to.

Besides .... if nuthin' else ... I've done proven you ain't gotta have no actual writin' skills in order to submit somethin'. :grinpimp:

:flamingo:

So now what?? :confused:

Poll's done closed ... vote's damn-near a dead heat .... and a whoppin' half of one percent of the TLCA membership actually voted.

:flamingo:

It's the association's magazine, the association's voice. For now, they'll stay.

Goodnight, Irene.

TJK

TRT2 said:
I voted to keep them. I read them to see what other clubs are up to. Plus it is an opportunity to publish names and events of members in your club... most folks enjoy seeing their name in Trails very much.

I think the basic question is (and I hate to even breath this)... is Trails the associations newsletter as has been the case... or are external factors forcing it to go beyond that.

I'm afraid it cannot be both successfully.

Oh, this question has come up before.

Tony it wasn't external factors. I think we (marketing committee) were just questioning what most members wanted. The idea is to put a stop to the revolving door to some extent. We will always have turnover but we've turned over almost 8,000 members in the last 8 years. That is over twice our current membership. I know this is something you have struggled with too. I do not think there has ever been a real definitive answer. My thought is TT should remain true to the members. So we were looking at what the members wanted.

Just a thought - Using the web may not be the best way to find out what members think/want. Since this is a TLCA magazine member poll - why not include a ballot in the magazine and see who mails it back in - Or at least use the magazine to direct members to a URL and ask that the vote in an online poll - Then you will get a true answer whether paper technology is still viable for the Chapter Reports.
(or post #29 Is just the way it is for now)

another portion to the pitch....

doing these online has a great opportunity to attract new members...and, if setup correctly, it's very likely people could "subscribe" to your club newsletter online, and receive an email when you update the information. Great way to communicate to interested users on events and club happenings.

I enjoy reading them.

Course I read my trails cover to cover.

I actually voted for the wrong one.... In reality they'd be tied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom