TRD Pro 17" Wheels on 3rd Gen 4Runner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G-Cat

SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_3081.JPG
IMG_3080.JPG
I've searched here and on the 4Runner specific forums. I have a 1998 (came stock with 16" alloys) that I am currently running 17" FJ Cruiser alloys (no mods/no spacers)...pictured top.

When I browse the 17" TRD Pro wheels pictured second, eBay and Slee's site both indicate that they are incompatable with 3rd Gen 4Runners. The only reason I could think of would be backspacing.

I wonder, though, if those vendors/sites only list them as incompatible because 3rd Gens never came with a 17"?

Does anyone know if these will bolt-up without mods/spacers?

Those are one of few OE wheels I flat love! - I need to find a set for the 80, seems 16" wheels are getting too small for many tire brands to want to go ~35" or better.

I know for 80's it's just a set of spacers & you're gold - I am not versed what it takes to run FJC wheels on a Taco.

What model were these intended for? If the FJC then whatever you're running now would seem intuitively the right answer.

They are sold, mostly in black, on TRD Pro 4Runners and Tacomas. With the FJC out of production, this wheel never made it to that platform. All 16" and 17" FJC wheels work on 96-02 4Runners with no spacer or other mods...I've just never seen the new TRD Pro wheels on a 96-02 4Runner...I need to dig deeper on actual wheel specs...this thread was may lazy way of short-cutting the answer...though White Stripe answered it, depending on tire size.

Thanks all.

@shadowless - any chance you can mock one on your 80?

I'm not versed in what wheel / what crossfits - I like those & could use a set of 17's to get more tire size choices.

Or does anyone know if I need spacers, or are these a straight bolt -n- go situation?

The PRO wheels do fit. This is without spacer. Tires are bfg ko2 285/70/17 with bilstein shocks and OME springs. Not sure why they would say they won't fit. But trust me they do without any problems.

This was the response I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time shadowless.

@shadowless - any chance you can mock one on your 80?

I'm not versed in what wheel / what crossfits - I like those & could use a set of 17's to get more tire size choices.

Or does anyone know if I need spacers, or are these a straight bolt -n- go situation?
j

Unfortunately these were on a friend's 4runner I was doing some work for so I don't have access to them at the moment for mock up. I would assume so since they fit almost the same as any other 17 in toyota truck wheel. On another note these are available from FN wheels except they offer it in a 0 offset (can't remember the oem toyota spec but it's not zero)

IMG_3031.JPG
No idea if spacers are being used.

So I ordered up a set of the FN (f)X Pro in flat dark bronze with TRD center caps.

FN designed these to look identical to the TRD Pro but in an 8" width as opposed to 7".

I'll start a new thread when they arrive.

So I ordered up a set of the FN (f)X Pro in flat dark bronze with TRD center caps.

FN designed these to look identical to the TRD Pro but in an 8" width as opposed to 7".

I'll start a new thread when they arrive.

I went over to this site: FN Wheels – 16×8″ Konig Countersteer Type X Wheels
--- but no bueno on 8" version of these (or any)

Am I in the right place? These in 17x8 in either black, graphite, bronze would be great on a black 80, and 16" radial tires are getting obsolete it seems.

What's a ballpark on your wheel price? I'm still liking these big time!

IMG_0276.JPG
I got a set of 4 of these (FN (f)x Pro 17x8) with TRD caps and Lug nuts for $750 shipped.

The FN site doesn't have them. I called the number and spoke to Dustin who was VERY helpful.

I'd recommend calling him. He knows his products and is very responsive. If you miss him, leave a message...he will call you back.

Thanks @G-Cat !

Looks like they're even in Cali so shipping should be reasonable.

I'm glad I didn't get those SRS F7's (close) now!

The PRO wheels do fit. This is without spacer. Tires are bfg ko2 285/70/17 with bilstein shocks and OME springs. Not sure why they would say they won't fit. But trust me they do without any problems.

I wanted to ask if you are running the 231mm Tundra calipers

I wanted to ask if you are running the Tundra 231mm calipers upgrade with these wheels.

Swapped the BFGs for a set of Toyo AT3
C767BC8F-640E-4D78-824E-E47651FE8A9E.jpeg
7C675255-BBF1-4BB6-B65E-A187DE7ECCED.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom