Builds transforming the dent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got like 4" on lh side. 6 or 8" on the other.

So when I start up the 60 it idles perfext. When I drive it then come to a stop it idles at like 1500+ rpms. Every time I bump the gas pedal up and it returns to normal. So what's up? Linkage loose?

Sounds like something is binding, corroded, or its catching the fast idle (choke),
Try pulling it back manually, and you should be able to tell.
Or take it over to Marshall.

Started tearing down my tie rod this morning. Had a hard time with the pickle fork so went and bought a better puller. I am going to have to fix the oil leaks however. Everything is coated in oil.

1440692403486.jpg

1440692451715.jpg

all you need is a bfh, Gabe

I just can't win.

1440761623236.jpg

Local autoparts store doesn't even have that part listed. Bit the bullet and ordered the whole kit from cruiser corps.

Got the tie rod changed. Took longer to get the nut aligned for the carter pin than anything.

Picked this up off ebay. Probably going to mount it inside against a cargo panel. Got to find a panel to trace onto wood first however.

Man I hope the app comes back.

20160211_115613.jpg

This was what I found when working on my brakes.

20160304_105854.jpg

Three cans of brake clean later I replaced the wheel cylinder and adjuster etc. Still got to replace the soft lines if I can get them off and the master cylinder. Going to a t100 for the bigger bore.

I did brake a line going to the master though.

20160306_094854.jpg

Gabe, make sure that is all brake fluid and not a leaking axle seal, also

Probably leaking axle seal as well. I have the feeling it blew at black balsam last year.

I vote for leaking axle seal.
If you end up doing the bearings also let me know, will make you a deal on an extra set I have.

Will let you know. I have a small trip coming up April 2nd . Will be after that.

I was going to say bearing seal as well. Did mine in the old 62 years ago. Wasn't too bad, did bearings while I was in there too.

Had to puts new caliper on the front right today. Bled and bled and bled. Still not right. Pulls left when it stops. That's when it stops....going to try and bleed it again one last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom