Builds transforming the dent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the dent is back on the road. Engine cutting out/stumbling at 2500 rpms no matter what gear. Going to check air mixture screw 1st because i know it has been moved. Guessing possible vacuum leak is next? Going to run some sea foam also to see if that helps. Truck sat a good 4-6 months.:eek: any suggestions?

Never found a vacuum leak. I did however find that my now disconnected aftermarket choke cable was binding up the throttle linkage. Fixed that, adjusted the carb and runs much better. Still got to check exhaust at the donut under the truck when it cools.

Question though, should i cap off all but the largest air vac ports on my air cleaner?
1409496700881.jpg

Basically all in the pic? Large square one is connected to nothing.

Yes if you are desmogged they should all be capped except the one in the back that goes into the valve cover. That should help a lot also.

Asked dad to build me a sleeping platform. He got carried away...

1413727804318.jpg

I hope to put some carpet on the box in the next month or so. Not sure what to do about the second one across my seat? I don't plan on taking the one in the cargo area back out.

On another note I changed the oil in my tcase today. Friggin mess I tell you. Tried to check my transmission and the fill plug is so rounded it will not come off. So should I just fill it from the top by pulling the shifter? Not as bad as you would think since most of the screws in my transmission hump cover are currently not present anwyway!

I hope to put some carpet on the box in the next month or so. Not sure what to do about the second one across my seat? I don't plan on taking the one in the cargo area back out.

On another note I changed the oil in my tcase today. Friggin mess I tell you. Tried to check my transmission and the fill plug is so rounded it will not come off. So should I just fill it from the top by pulling the shifter? Not as bad as you would think since most of the screws in my transmission hump cover are currently not present anwyway!

Pull the shifter and pour it in. You do remember me telling you it was the only plug in my life that I couldn't get off. Someone had done a number on it before I tried and failed.

Yes I remember. Its ok for now.

Ruh roh thats coolant at the back of the motor. Can't find a leaky hose. Cracked block?

1413862794090.jpg

Everything checked out ok. Thinking it's a hose that leaks when cold. Going to replace it beforr balsam trip.

Good luck, that looks like a tight spot! Did you find it because you had coolant on the ground?

Yes

Replaced the faulty turn signal switch today. Detent ball from hell!

1417712053553.jpg

1417712067137.jpg

Now to try and get that dang belt tightened up!

Been a while since I have shown any love to the cruiser. Ordered a some led's for the instrument panel and ac panel in my truck from liftetimeled's. Still got to do the dome lights but got to make sure I got power to them 1st.

Led's came in today. This is what I am after.

1425057568404.jpg

I dig the red. Supposed to be easier on your eyes at night.

So long story short the 33's finished off the lug nut studs I messed up a few months ago. I have tore the axle down to the oversized nut. Borrowed a socket but got to get a 1/3 to 3/4 adapter tomorrow. Supposed to go to outer banks on 25th and I don't have a day off until I go. Hope to be back together by sunday.

1428337062513.jpg

1428337102205.jpg

Got to replace a brake line. What is this? It is missing a nut up top.

1428337232071.jpg

Got to replace a brake line. What is this? It is missing a nut up top.

That is your sway bar link...... might want to fix that one before you go on a long road trip all loaded down.

Just needs tightened back down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom