Transfercase Conversion on 67 Fj40 "Q?" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not sure about the conversion kit, but just replace the 4wd cable to the vacuum box on your fire wall.
The metal cable jsut opens and closes a flap in the box that toggles you into 4wd and 2 wheel drive, pretty simple set up.

you can follow the vacuum line form your manifold to a metal line that runs on your fire wall to the vacuum switch, the cable just connects to that. bring in your broken cabe to an auto parts store, I bet you can find a replacement, or better yet look on mud for someone that converted it.

Sorry no info on the conversion, I think you would need to replace the bit on the trasnfer case for mechanical actuation and vacumm actuation.

I'm not sure if a kit for that is offered any more. I got my kit to rconvert from vacuum to lever actuated from Specter some years ago. At that time I had to contact them for some forgotten reason now and spoke with Kurt. We were discussing the problem I was having and he happened to mention the one little linkage in the kit and that there was only one of those left..anywhere. I told him.."well, the second one is in my shop!!" You may try them or Cruiser Parts.net or maybe even Cruiser Corps.

If you use the 4 speed shifter you need to have the 4 speed outputcone and the shaft the engages the low range needs to be changed, I found out the hard way used the three speed shifter but I had to modify it to use the 3 speed case cone. i should have posted first and had these questions answered. so good job, Larry

BTW get the bolts from a four speed case they are had to find, Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom