Transfer case options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking around on transfer case options. And only found only 2 real options the marlin crawler gear kit and the black box planetary. I was seeing if there was any other cases options. I was trying to find adapters or someway I can mate the mini truck dual cases in my fj80 has anyone done that?

short answer....no.

one possibility is to modify the tail housing of the tranny to accept the 60 series t-case and throw in a 4:1 from advance adapters. or just wait for the potential release of the black box

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that they made the adapters for duals in the 60s. I have never wheeled a fj80 before so I dont know how low, low range is in first with 4:88 gears. I'm used to mini truck with 5:71 gears dual cases and the 4.7 kit in the rear case. I still have those cases and want to make a adapter to the fj transmission.

$2100 see,s like you would get the hole transfer case.

So what ratio do you get from the $800 low range gear set from Marlin?

And if you are currently running 4.88's in the 3rds…. combined with this 10% HI range reduction, It would be the equivalent of 5.35's in the 3rds (in HI range only).

Definitely not the extra value deal. But if one currently ran 4.88's and 35's.... then decided they wanted to go to 5.29's, 37's and a lower t-case gear, then the $1300 might be a better choice. Regear just the t-case rather than a t-case and two diffs.

See I, used to dual cases with 4.7 gear kit in the rear case and 5.71 In the axles on 37s I want to try and get as low as I can with out running 5.29s cuz I will be driving it on the road

Not in an 80... no one has done that, no.

Might look into the thread started by boogerweldz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom