transfer case linkage questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Take a look at this pictures, something doesn't seem right? The lower portion of the linkage isn't sitting in the slot to activate the 4wd.

Could it be that the washer or the nut on the left bottom side of the linkage is not correctly sized?

take the lever off and tap it with a hammer when its in a vice it has probably been bent. as for the bottom so it isnt in a bind take off the bottom linkage with the 2 bolts and see if it moves freely It has probably rusted in place if it has put some penetrating oil in its moving parts and put it in a vice and make it move It should move with 2 fingers easily. As my upper linkage would pop out of place because of buildup of road grime and rust.

I have seen several rigs where there was similar excess gap in that space. On mine, I just left out the lock washer on the pivot stud and used a little locktite. That brings it a lot closer. It does not have to fit snug. Make sure that the 4wd rod is moving nice and smooth in the housing. I usually keep the weather boot full of axle grease. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom