Trailer hitch question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TCEd

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone know who made these receivers ? or were they factory?
hitch.jpg

Not oem as far as I know.

I bought two, at different times... one front, one rear... I think I bought both from @Barn find... I know I bought one from him.

Here’s his most recent ad... I don’t know if he’s still making them.

I don’t know, but Barn find’s hitch looks almost same, but it’s even better: Fj40 Receiver hitch

I have one.

Edit: S in S was a little faster. :)

Thanks guys, looks like mine is not a BarnFind model but similar, maybe a Confer. I actually need one that positions the receiver about one inch lower.

@TCEd

Instead of replacing the receiver just get a drop ball mount :meh:

The problem I have isn't with a trailer hitch ball height. It's with a very expensive Yakima bike rack. The rack is hinged and swings open to the right but the ambulance doors still hit the portion of the rack that goes into the coupler.

@TCEd

Instead of replacing the receiver just get a drop ball mount :meh:

Not a fan of anything that bolts to the center of the rear frame member that heavy enough that the frame bends before the hitch does. Travel a lot of two track trails that have hidden rocks. Further down it hangs the more leverage it has. The drop receiver head that slips in to the receive hitch is a good idea. Since I only haul small trailers with pintle hook and 2" ball the combo of the two that bolts to the four holes in the center is my best option. The bumperettes, rear step and trailer light socket Toyota used are all designed to bend before the frame. Their pintle hook does not hang below the frame. While we have very little deep mud out west we have plenty of rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom